Confused about setting up outputs for recording and Kabinet for monitoring. What's the easiest setup for this ?

• hey there,

so i have a powered toaster with the Kabinet. For recording my daily noodles with headphones and/or monitors I have this connection setup:

Main Outs L/R TRS ->Master Stereo -> Interface Stereo channel

Monitor Out -> Stack -> Interface Mono Channel

Direct Out -> Guitar Studio -> Interface Mono channel

That way i can record the main noodle mix including Looper (set to post) for listening, and the DI signal and the dry 'amped' signal if i want to use the solo guitar without looper/FX or just the DI signal takes later on.

Now for sure sometimes (during daytime) i'd like to use the Kabinet for listening while i'm playing but the problem i have is that when i enable the power Amp and switch on Kone mode i have to change the outputs settings in order to hear the FX section through the Kabinet, so Monitor out needs to be Master Mono and i loose the abilty to use the Monitor Out as i want.

So basically depending on wether i'm using the Kabinet or not i need to do a lot of switcheroo in thew Kemper menus to switch between output settings or disable the Kabinet if i want to have the ouputs assigned as above.

Am i doing this wrong ? Is there a way to have the Kabinet work in Kone mode and still use the Monitor and Direct outs as independant DI/Stack outs ?

Maybe some of you have solved this issue and found a way to do both without having to switch ouputs ?

PS: Also still haven't found a convenient way to control the volume on the Kabinet when the poweramp is on, my Master Volume knob usually controls headphone volume, so again depending on wether i play with headphones or Kabinet i need to work the menus to find the right volume control. I should probably RTFM again :saint: i did RTFM a couple times already and also watched the ouputs video several times but couldn't find a straoightforward solution from that.

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

Edited 3 times, last by stickman ().

• My 4/4 interface setup. Don't use TRS.

Main outs 'TS' to Interface 'TS' ins (Line 1 and 2 ins).

Direct out 'TS' to interface 'TS' in (Line 3 in).

Return input 'TS" to interface 'TS' out (Line 3 out) for reamping. Line 1 and 2 outs go to my studio monitors.

Monitor out 'TS' to a 50 watt monitor.

Power amp out 'speaker cable' to non-powered Kabinet. Use a speaker cable not a TRS.

Since my interface and computer are always on with the Kemper, I use the interface headphone jack. Plus it has a loopback function.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I would create two different Output Presets.

Preset 1 would be for recording etc which would have the required output sources set for each output and would have the Monitor Out Volume unlinked from the master volume knob.

Preset 2 would have the outputs set for the Kabinet and would have the Monitor Out volume linked to th master volume knob.

• I would create two different Output Presets.

Preset 1 would be for recording etc which would have the required output sources set for each output and would have the Monitor Out Volume unlinked from the master volume knob.

Preset 2 would have the outputs set for the Kabinet and would have the Monitor Out volume linked to th master volume knob.

that sounds reasonable .. but so i'm not trippin, there isn't a way to have the Kabinet in Kone mode with a master mono adn have the monitor output set to sth different (stack or guit studio) ? The monitor out is always the same output as the Speaker out on the powered Kemper ?

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• that sounds reasonable .. but so i'm not trippin, there isn't a way to have the Kabinet in Kone mode with a master mono adn have the monitor output set to sth different (stack or guit studio) ? The monitor out is always the same output as the Speaker out on the powered Kemper ?

You're not trippin' :)

Monitor Out and Speaker Out are always the same.

The main thing I would like to see changed in the Output Presets is that I really want to be able to store Power Amp On/Off status. For me this is one of the main reasons for using presets and not being able to save it makes no sense to me. I have read Kemper's logic for why it isn't included but I still think it would be much more useful to allow power amp status to be saved.