Leveling the volume of different patches for live performance

• I am curious about how everyone goes aboutLeveling the volume of different patches for live performance. Many of the gigs we play we have to bring our own PA and don’t have anybody to run sound for us so when I switch patches between songs I need an overall level of consistency between patches. I then use my volume pedal to tweak up and down the level. I create all my parts then save them in the performance mode. During rehearsals I tweak the volumes up and down as needed, but we aren’t rehearsing at gig volume Because were in a fairly small room at my house. It seems like each rehearsal isn’t consistent though and sometimes each song being louder or softer due to just how we’re playing that day. Some of you are probably in a situation similar and I would like to find out your strategies.

• Hello

If I understand you correctly, it's about the even volume of the rigs.

I use the tool "DigiCheck" from RME for this purpose. You can download it here

Downloads - RME Audio Interfaces | Format Converters | Preamps | Network Audio & MADI Solutions (rme-audio.de)

Then you can run each rig one after the other over your computer with the DigiCheck open. Strike the strings as evenly as possible on each rig.

Alternatively, you can use a measuring device, e.g. the "SPL Meter" app for the iPhone by using the speakers.

Then set the volume to the same value using the Rig Volume knob.

Don't forget to save!

I hope, that is, what you mean.

Regards

Peter

• Yes that is what I mean. My plan was to use a db meter on my iPhone like you mention but I was reaching out to see how others who play live manage their various patch volumes for their performances. Thanks for your input!