Wireless features incoming?

• I wonder if the Remote was built with wireless :/

Maybe that why there is this unused led on the top left above the kemper logo ? :p

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• It's alright by me if it's not an option for the rack/toaster. I mean it's 10 year old hardware after all. It is already exceeding my expectations everyday.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• It's alright by me if it's not an option for the rack/toaster. I mean it's 10 year old hardware after all. It is already exceeding my expectations everyday.

It could be an option if they built wi-fi into the Remote, which seems a logical approach they would take

• I am fine using a moderately priced wi-fi dongle to connect my rack to my ipad wirelessly, but if wireless is only available for stage, Imma straight up lose it!

Well, I mean, realistically, I probably won’t be that mad, just disappointed. Very, very disappointed

This video shows the Toaster appearing to be controlled wirelessly:

https://www.facebook.com/kempe…/570032313964124relessly:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• One thing I did notice is on the Toaster in the video (and a few other places) is the chicken head knob.

It’s silver and not black. Mean something? Dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• the Remote is communicating using standard TCP/IP , so yes: you can route the traffic through standard (PoE enabled) network switches. (be sure to use only type 'A', and no Gigabit PoE enabled equipment: as mentioned in the manual)

I already asked a question about this in another thread. Here was the answer...

• Why is there any doubt the Head is being controlled wirelessly?

The newest heads can be SPDIF master and slave, maybe they put a Bluetooth or wifi connector in there or other things to be implemented?

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

The newest heads can be SPDIF master and slave, maybe they put a Bluetooth or wifi connector in there or other things to be implemented?

Because most Toasters and Racks don't have those abilities. There are numerous users who've had their units for many years.

Unless you bought recently, there's a chance you're left out of this one. The video demonstrating wireless control of the head implies all heads would qualify. No one likes false hope.

On the vid with the Head it says profiling amplifier... The New ones say profiler...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• The cat 5 connector would certainly suggest that the remote operates on a standard TCP/IP network protocol, but of course they could be using a proprietary protocol instead. If it is just regular TCP/IP then your idea sounds like a reasonable approach.

Does anyone know what protocol the rack / toaster uses to talk to the remote?

Well you can read remote IP adress in sys info page so I guess it is TCP/IP. Remote can operate via Poe + router.

• Too many posts talking about the "age" of the Toaster in the video to quote all of you.

It is not a new model the one in the video. The chicken knob is silver because some batches around 2015 got shipped with the silver one. Then they went back to the black one. Also the new ones have the name PROFILER, but the older ones have Profiler Amplifier. Also the new ones have a lot of small radial lines around the potentiometers and the older models don't.

All this to say that whatever the implementation to the Head and Rack, it will work also for the older models because the Kemper Head in the video is probably from around 2015.

• Muchos gracias. I was unfamiliar with the silver knob. Speculation knows no bounds.