Wireless features incoming?

• Funny thing is that many of us are talking about how convenient is the Quad Cortex with the touch screen and all... and all of a sudden there you go! Kemper has a touch screen. Actually a bigger and more responsive one.

We will see how it is implemented but I really think it is a great addition. I will make use of it NO DOUBT.

• I would like to get:

• support for a wide range of USB WiFi-Dongles (e.g. the small ones you can also use with the Raspberry Pi (TP-Link something)
    • webserver running on the Kemper
      • hosting the GUI (Like on the Soundcraft UI24 mixer (they also have an online demo of it. Very nice!)
      • Kemper can either connect to an existing access point or act as the access point
    • Kemper can update itself (one click update) (downloading the update from the web and installing it)
    • direct connection of the Kemper to the online Rig Exchange library
    • since the Kemper Profiler are online then, I want to manage my Rigs and Profiles from my Kemper account website. Eg. keep my Kemper profilers in sync

What I most likely will get:

• propriatary expensive USB-Dongle
    • iOS (maybe Android) app
      • limited Rig Manager functionality
    • closed protocol connection between dongle and app

prove me wrong! ;)

The stage has a built-in (and unused so far) wifi / bluetooth chip ... I'm afraid this new coming feature is reserved to the floor unit :(. I just hope they are clever enough to release something for the older units (like usb dongle)

• I would like to get:

• support for a wide range of USB WiFi-Dongles (e.g. the small ones you can also use with the Raspberry Pi (TP-Link something)
    • webserver running on the Kemper
      • hosting the GUI (Like on the Soundcraft UI24 mixer (they also have an online demo of it. Very nice!)
      • Kemper can either connect to an existing access point or act as the access point
    • Kemper can update itself (one click update) (downloading the update from the web and installing it)
    • direct connection of the Kemper to the online Rig Exchange library
    • since the Kemper Profiler are online then, I want to manage my Rigs and Profiles from my Kemper account website. Eg. keep my Kemper profilers in sync

What I most likely will get:

• propriatary expensive USB-Dongle
    • iOS (maybe Android) app
      • limited Rig Manager functionality
    • closed protocol connection between dongle and app

prove me wrong! ;)

anything else sir?

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Why should it be exclusive? The remote speaks standard TCP/IP. You could always add a PoE switch if you need both at the same time.

It’d work, but it’d be a rather clumsy and non-standard way to do it. Especially given the fact that the there are two very common USB ports right next to it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hmm maybe. My X32 digital mixer is connected just like that, and it works perfectly.

RJ45 is common totally common in music applications. All kinds of stuff uses it. Mixers, in-ear systems…you name it.

But for this application, (I *think*) it’d be kind of an oddball solution.

Solely based on its commonality and nothing else, if wireless will work for the Rack and Toaster I’d guess it’s be a usb-B dongle plugged into where the USB stick for updates fits.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Funny thing is that many of us are talking about how convenient is the Quad Cortex with the touch screen and all... and all of a sudden there you go! Kemper has a touch screen. Actually a bigger and more responsive one.

With the advtage that you don’t need to have the main device sitting on a desk/chair/stand with all its cable getting in the way just to use it?

We will see how it is implemented but I really think it is a great addition. I will make use of it NO DOUBT.

And the best thing is, you don't have to put the touchscreen on the floor, with the danger of stomping it with your feet (or spilling beer over it).

• I'm surprised that this thread doesn't have more activity. This development is very exciting.

I am just hoping that there is a way to make it work wirelessly with the legacy heads and not just the stage.

• I am just hoping that there is a way to make it work wirelessly with the legacy heads and not just the stage.

This would be a real pain if not. For me, the Stage will never be an option, I have several Kempers and the whole touring rig is completely Rack based. I'm totally curious if and how they re-designed the UI. The actual Interface of the Rig Manager works okay with a mouse but I've tested it on a Windows Tablet and with touch it is more than a bit tricky. :)

• I'm surprised that this thread doesn't have more activity. This development is very exciting.

I am just hoping that there is a way to make it work wirelessly with the legacy heads and not just the stage.

I completely agree that it is very exciting. But we have only teasers. I bet there will be more interest when we have all the information.

Anyway, the Kemper is 11 years old and I really think we humans are wired for new, new, new...

If am sure that there would be a lot more fuzz about it if Kemper released a new unit, whatever the format, instead of keep adding great features to the "old" ones. Even if the functionality of the upgrade is the same or even better.

How many users would, for instance, be tempted to update their unit if there was a new Kemper with a touch screen? How much would they have to pay for the upgrade? Sell the old one, loose money, buy the new one... I am sure that with that money you would be able to buy an iPad. So if the new development is only iOS compatible, well, maybe it is a good excuse to buy the iPad (for the ones that don't own one already)

• I'm always excited for new developments and often find that things I wasn't interested in become useful, but I'm struggling a little with this one....

This looks to be wireless connectivity for rig manager ? I imagine the vast number of users use rig manager "at home" i.e. static where wireless is useful but not essential?

So for live, what would you use it for?

Changing things on the fly? If it was integrated to say a sequencer then I could see that....what am I missing?

• Well I can perfectly see how in a rehearsal space, using a Kemper Stage it must be a PITA to have to bend each time you have to tweak anything. Having an iPad with rig manager and editor to make your changes is only good. And many other uses besides that.

The deep menu and tiny screen has never been the best way to see all the options that the Kemper offers. I have learnt a lot about it's capabilities since the editor came out, just because all the options are there and visible.

So yes, I think it will be a great tool and I am excited to see how it works.