Wireless features incoming?

• What sort of other uses can you envision for wireless? Once you've hooked up Rig Manager I'm not sure what else there is to do, but I occasionally suffer from limited imagination.

The only thing I was thinking of, was some kind of integration into as sequencer for those using midi for midi changes triggered via rig manager ???? I was really asking if others could see opportunities

• No Android Love?

It sucks, but the simple fact is that it is WAY faster and cheaper to develop on iOS than Android.

A low estimate says it takes 30% longer to build the same app in Android.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It sucks, but the simple fact is that it is WAY faster and cheaper to develop on iOS than Android.

Hehe, as soon as you release anything on Android, you end up with users in Bangladesh trying to run it on a TV from 2012 or somebody in Nicaragua trying to run your app on a McDonalds self service kiosk (Both real examples). So many edge cases, so little time.

• OMG - our prayers are answered.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.instagram.com

• Sorry for the multiple posts. I can't paste the link from instagram.

Check instagram - there is a demo with the toaster! Yay.

Although, I've just realised that the cable may not be shown in that video.

• External Content www.instagram.com

new post on Instagramm with the toaster!

• It sucks, but the simple fact is that it is WAY faster and cheaper to develop on iOS than Android.

Hmmm no, I'm not your opinion on that. I already built multi-platform software, apps and frameworks which cross compile for iOs, Android and Windows. Multi platform support is always an overhead of course but if you're doing it right from the beginning it is in most cases a matter of good organization. Just my opinion and experience with developing for those platforms.

• Hmmm no, I'm not your opinion on that. I already built multi-platform software, apps and frameworks which cross compile for iOs, Android and Windows. Multi platform support is always an overhead of course but if you're doing it right from the beginning it is in most cases a matter of good organization. Just my opinion and experience with developing for those platforms.

I'm no expert - nor am I a developer - so I'll always defer to experience. Mine is 'booksmart' (and that's being exceedingly kind).

At the same time - you can find multiple sources citing the difficulties of developing for iOS an Android. "Doing it right from the beginning" is the operative word.

• OMG - our prayers are answered.

Cussing is not something I'm proud of doing. But sometimes, they're the only words that work.

F@C& YEAH !!!!!

• Nice! The UI looks great. Here's a screenshot from the instagram video.

P.S.: It's much easier to write an iOS App because there is only one OS. 2 device categories (Tablet, phone) and they all have the same screen ratios and the same hardware. Android is not under control and there are literally thousand different hardware specs and different operating systems.

• Interesting stuff. There seems to be some metering happening in the video.

Hope they spill the rest before the weekend.

It is a bit annoying that these are posted only on Insta and Farcebuck - both of which require user accounts. Why not youtube or some other open service for the rest of us?

• Spdif slaving, variable impedance, wifi .. faster boot times, double the exp jacks ... It’s becoming more and more compelling to consider getting a Stage (versus my vintage powerhead but alas no amp), but as these features add-up Kemper themselves must be planning a hardware refresh to get racks and heads in line with the Stage. Please don’t call it Mk II. Just call it a Kemper.

• I have to say I'm very excited for this. In my use case, when I want to get into rig manager (and I often do), it's a very laborious process of getting the Kemper near to my PC, getting it wired up and then playing on the PC - spinning back and forth between screen/kemper/speaker. Then taking it all out and moving it back afterwards. This is same issue I have for almost all gear that needs connected to a PC, but it's especially a pain when the pieces of gear are so fully featured that they suit a PC editor - e.g. the HX Effects I use.

It's actually things like the above that make me think I should really just get a laptop so I can move it to the gear... but now I can hopefully just edit on the iPad!

I realise I'm probably not like most that already have their gear near their PC, or have a laptop, but for me this will be a very very welcome feature. Imagine also the possible benefits of being able to surface any of the features in any way they wish in the GUI!

Colour me impressed.

• Spdif slaving, variable impedance, wifi .. faster boot times, double the exp jacks ... It’s becoming more and more compelling to consider getting a Stage (versus my vintage powerhead but alas no amp), but as these features add-up Kemper themselves must be planning a hardware refresh to get racks and heads in line with the Stage. Please don’t call it Mk II. Just call it a Kemper.

At least for the exp jacks, the Remote has 4 by itself for a total of 6 with the head/rack.

I'd be inclined to sell and 'upgrade' my Toaster depending on the changes.

The video shows the application and a toaster Kemper ... I guess they find a workaround to bring the feature to the non-stage user as well

• Ive never used the Remote. Ive always been disinclined to use anything on the floor especially at a show other than cheap expression pedals, and maybe a very minimal midi controller. And that would still be my preference. In someone else’s studio, a laptop is kind of crucial, but now if all you need is RM, that could be an iPad. I would say that the interface on the toaster has probably limited my deeper exploration of the device’s potential, but I would still not want the front panel to become dominated by a large screen. for what I’ve needed, which is yknow guitar tones, the user interface has been brilliant. Recently I’ve migrated almost completely to rig manager, but nonetheless throughout the day a lot of tweaking still happens on the front panel of the Kemper.

• The toaster is an older model is says "profiling amplifier" , aren't the new ones just saying "profiler" :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp