Wireless features incoming?

• It doesn't need to connect to your home router, nor be connected to the internet at all. You essentially DO need a dongle, but probably not for USB. Two RJ45 ports......Remote to router, router to KPA.....done.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It's going to be a hard sell for the rack and toaster for new customers if this solution is their only option. How does one justify the price of either devices when the Stage offers not only a foot controller but wifi connectivity for the same price??

• It's going to be a hard sell for the rack and toaster for new customers if this solution is their only option. How does one justify the price of either devices when the Stage offers not only a foot controller but wifi connectivity for the same price??

At least for me - I very much dislike the all-in-one concept. Not being able to edit via iPad? How's that different from yesterday?

One giant "Meh." for me.

• I don't use an iPad at all but even I can see the disparity here. These things may not appeal to you but to many people they are make or break decisions. That's why so many looked to the QC because it provided these features out of the box.

And let's not forget that this thread is already 9 pages long because of this feature alone.

• Many Kempers live and travel from rehearsal rooms to studios or stages.

The ability to edit and tweak on a touch screen cannot be depending on having a router at hand. And having to carry not only that iPad but also a router with you... well, it is really clumsy.

Right now I'm a bit disappointed if they don't release an adapter made for this and we have to find workarounds ourselves.

• I don't use an iPad at all but even I can see the disparity here. These things may not appeal to you but to many people they are make or break decisions. That's why so many looked to the QC because it provided these features out of the box.

And let's not forget that this thread is already 9 pages long because of this feature alone.

Not discounting it. But there are a great many bands and studios where the Stage makes zero sense due to its form and where iPad editing is little more than a 'nice to have'. Which is all it really is to begin with. Yes, the 'market' wants these things and they're popular. But a deal-breaker? I don't see it.

Besides....

The Toaster and Rack are 11 years old. That a solution exists at all to connect a device that didn't even exist until two years after the KPA shipped is *very* impressive.

• It doesn't need to connect to your home router, nor be connected to the internet at all. You essentially DO need a dongle, but probably not for USB. Two RJ45 ports......Remote to router, router to KPA.....done.

hold up, I think I’m understanding.. I just don’t want to get my excitement up too much.

So we don’t need to be connected tot he internet or anything, so we don’t need our normal internet router (but we can, if we want). So, I can find a small and cheap router, put it in the back of my rack case, essentially making my own “dongle” ? I just need my iPad to connect to whatever network my Kemper is connected to. In the end, I can just hide all this junk in the back of my rack case?

• hold up, I think I’m understanding.. I just don’t want to get my excitement up too much.

So we don’t need to be connected tot he internet or anything, so we don’t need our normal internet router (but we can, if we want). So, I can find a small and cheap router, put it in the back of my rack case, essentially making my own “dongle” ? I just need my iPad to connect to whatever network my Kemper is connected to. In the end, I can just hide all this junk in the back of my rack case?

Yes.

• hold up, I think I’m understanding.. I just don’t want to get my excitement up too much.

That is what I think is possible. Yes.

Obviously, we won't know until we know. But you DON'T need the internet for WiFi to allow the connection of two devices.

• That is what I think is possible. Yes.

Obviously, we won't know until we know. But you DON'T need the internet for WiFi to allow the connection of two devices.

My excitement has gone from 0 back up to a solid 90. you made a really good point in another comment, the fact that we can (theoretically) make this work AT ALL on a 10/11 year old device is impressive

• What about a wifi usb dongle? I have one for my projector and it creates an access point so my computer can connect directly and send video to the projector. That would be an elegant solution for older profilers. Surely it can be done in software??

• What about a wifi usb dongle? I have one for my projector and it creates an access point so my computer can connect directly and send video to the projector. That would be an elegant solution for older profilers. Surely it can be done in software??

Kemper Remote is powered off the Eithernet port - so there is power there. USB interface also supports power out. So a dongle/router could possibly be powered off either. Interesting to see which way it goes.

• Something like the WDRT8192? That's my wifi dongle and it is powered from the USB port on the projector.

[Blocked Image: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F31yYyLCpRvL._AC_SX425_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1]

No, that would not work. You need something that connects to the Ethernet port of your Kemper. It's through this port that the data would come in from the iPad.

• No, that would not work. You need something that connects to the Ethernet port of your Kemper. It's through this port that the data would come in from the iPad.

the ethernet port is just a port like USB. It's up to how the network stack is implemented in the operating system that determines how ports can be used. This surely can be changed and implemented. Especially if you provide a physical wifi antenna for the port out.

• the ethernet port is just a port like USB. It's up to how the network stack is implemented in the operating system that determines how ports can be used. This surely can be changed and implemented. Especially if you provide a physical wifi antenna for the port out.

of course. I´m just telling you that Kemper said that it will work through the Ethernet port of the device. So at least for now it will not work with an usb wifi dongle.