Wireless features incoming?

• Maybe my workflow is different, but I'm really happy that the toaster can connect via the LAN port. This way, I can just add my Kemper to the same router that my Behringer X32 is connected to and use a single network :) Amazing stuff!!

• ...and with a bit more googling I have found this one that can be powered over ethernet, is a wireless access point and will send power over ethernet to the second port.

https://mikrotik.com/product/RBmAP2nD#fndtn-specifications

Nice. That one seems to be perfect and also very small. Thanks a lot for the search!

Edit: apparently the PoE out is not suitable for the remote to work.

Edited once, last by Atlantic ().

• This device will not work "mikrotik mAP (micro Access Point)" , because it supports only "passive poe" you need IEEE 802.3af.

Be the force with you ;)

• OK, I don't know about you guys, but for me, the MOST exciting thing about this development is that once Kemper has a wireless mechanism of deep editing a KPA (of any flavor), it is a very SMALL step to a future "Kemper Mini".

For years I have argued that the product line would be best served NOT with a Kemper II (at least not yet), but with the addition of a FM3 and/or Line 6 HX Stomp competitor priced around $600 to $800. That would knock the ball out of the park IMO. They wouldn't be able to build them fast enough ;)

Many existing KPA users would get one for a backup for sure .... or even if you don't feel the need for a backup, then a simple throw and go solution you can put in a backpack.

• I was originally thinking it could be smaller than the current Kemper Foot Controller; however, looking at mine right now, I seriously don't see how you could gig with anything less than the buttons already on the FC.

Maybe $500 - $800 is a bit aggressive. Perhaps $900-$1200 would be a better bet. If there were any way to keep the price south of 1K I think it would be a huge winner.

Kemper rack or toaster with FC ~ $2300.00

Kemper Stage - $1700.00

Kemper Mini - $999.00

Looks like a pretty good product lineup all using the same base firmware, utilities, and server infrastructure.

• Same format as the HX stomp... same budget. No profiling function, no amp function, just a ”profile loader” to be controlled from phone / ipad / laptop and that can be extended with extra pedals / footswitch extensions / kemper powered kone.

If it were also an audio interface with possibility to have a line in for backing tracks and a metronome it would then be able to compete with anything.

• Same format as the HX stomp... same budget. No profiling function, no amp function, just a ”profile loader” to be controlled from phone / ipad / laptop and that can be extended with extra pedals / footswitch extensions / kemper powered kone.

If it were also an audio interface with possibility to have a line in for backing tracks and a metronome it would then be able to compete with anything.

There is another thread about that.

Will we ever get a simple device (pedal maybe) that'll store a handful of profiles? Something like the Iridium - but green :-)

• the real issue with my Mac High Sierra is that i need to update to run the new RM beta:cursing: and i dont really want to update because some of my apps will not work with the Catalina or Big Sur OSX

The requirement for RM 3.2.30 (latest, as per downloads page) is OS 10.13.6, which is ... High Sierra! Working fine here.

• Would be great to have Kemper wireless link up with iPad. Trying to set up Kemper + Kone always ready to play, and hooking up laptop with USB wire is not as flexible as an iPad.

I think lacking the ability to profile would make this product a partial failure. There’s a breed of guitarists that want the benefits of digital amping but would like to use their standard pedalboard vs an all in one. However if they’re open to a digital amp, many will want to profile their own amps. To me the way to trim costs on a Kemper mini isn’t cutting out a useful feature, the defining feature of the KPA, one that’s software based no less. The savings is cutting out excessive buttons and switches that also save on the products size, so that it fits on their pedal board. Not having profiling makes this a product that only appeals to those who will never profile anything or already own a kpa stage, head or rack.

• the real issue with my Mac High Sierra is that i need to update to run the new RM beta:cursing: and i dont really want to update because some of my apps will not work with the Catalina or Big Sur OSX

I’m maxed at High Sierra and can run every beta/release they’ve had so far.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think lacking the ability to profile would make this product a partial failure. There’s a breed of guitarists that want the benefits of digital amping but would like to use their standard pedalboard vs an all in one. However if they’re open to a digital amp, many will want to profile their own amps. To me the way to trim costs on a Kemper mini isn’t cutting out a useful feature, the defining feature of the KPA, one that’s software based no less. The savings is cutting out excessive buttons and switches that also save on the products size, so that it fits on their pedal board. Not having profiling makes this a product that only appeals to those who will never profile anything or already own a kpa stage, head or rack.

I just wrote what would make sense for me, though to be honest i do wonder how many Kemper users actually use the profiling function out of the entire Kemper user base.

• Now that RM can be wireless from an iPad, an HXstomp size mini Kemper would make sense. If you are going to do away with buttons, then wireless touch is necessary, IMO. I use an iPad with Midi Designer app to control my guitar synth now. It does work with the KPA as well, but RM would be more complete, most likely, a lot less programming.