Wireless features incoming?

• If that could be done (i believe it could because USB, like the Ethernet port, is just another port to the I/O system) then they might as well go the whole hog and build a internal driver for a WiFi USB dongle too....

• Anyone else log on the forum this morning, hoping to see something new? Only to have some disappointment? Like a young kid asking for something, not getting it and (hands in pockets, head hung low)..... kicking the ground going "Awwwee......"

8o

Well… Don’t go jinx it now… ?

Fair enough. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

which guitar synth are you using , and what features are you controlling with MIDI Designer

Using it with my GR30, of course it will work with anything midi. I prefer it over foot switch control, because every patch I use is on one page, and there is no tap dance to get to, let's say a program 3 banks away on a foot controller, which also takes up floor space, and the iPad is mounted on my mic stand. Using it solely for patch change, but the app also will send CC messages, and I do have a mute button setup as well as CC#7 for volume, which looks like a horizontal slider. Before I got my Stage, I had the screen split on an iPad with one side synth patch changes, and the other KPA patch changes. The iPad runs to a iConnectivity MIDI2+, but is not wireless.

• can I ask how you use XR18 with Kemper ? Do you also use it as Audio Interface / revamping ?

I use my XR18 for live, in ear mix or a small band mix. But you could use it as interface. It also can record to a USB stick too, which has been really handy.

• I use my XR18 for live, in ear mix or a small band mix. But you could use it as interface. It also can record to a USB stick too, which has been really handy.

My band use the Mackie 806 digital mixer connected to an Apple Airport, controlled via our iPads; I’d hope I could connect to that and use the RM on the iPad and the remote as well.

• I saw something about newer versions of rack and the head having WiFi chips in, similar to the stage…. Is that correct? And how can you tell if you have a ‘new’ version?

Open it up? :D (please don’t!)

I think the only difference between older and „newer“ devices is the writing on the front. The old models have „profiling amplifier“ written on it, the newer ones just have „Profiler“. And I haven’t heard of a wifi module in them, but that doesn’t mean I’m right.

• Open it up? :D (please don’t!)

I think the only difference between older and „newer“ devices is the writing on the front. The old models have „profiling amplifier“ written on it, the newer ones just have „Profiler“. And I haven’t heard of a wifi module in them, but that doesn’t mean I’m right.

And DSP board is different. SPDIF slave mode is working on newer models.

• Open it up? :D (please don’t!)

The older ones with Profiling Amplifier predate the changes to the SPDIF board which the post 2019 "newer" ones have. However, many of the plain Profiler (like mine from early 2018) also predate the "newer" ones with the updated SPDIF board like the Stage. In other words the name change to Profiler doesn't have anything to do with the hardware or functionality.

I don't think any of the Rack/Toaster classic Kemper have WiFi even the very newest ones.

• I saw something about newer versions of rack and the head having WiFi chips in, similar to the stage…. Is that correct? And how can you tell if you have a ‘new’ version?

That rumor was spread by a guy in Facebook that likes to spread rumors with no real base. He writes as if he knew a lot and it's all speculation.

No real base to it.

There is a WIFI module in the Stage. We know it, there are pictures of it from years ago, short after it was released. No pictures of a WIFI module in the Rack or Head.

Yes, the SPDIF now can be in slave mode, not only in master. But if they really had made all the hardware updates to the old models, they would also have the True Impedance mode, and they don`t.