Wireless features incoming?

• My band use the Mackie 806 digital mixer connected to an Apple Airport, controlled via our iPads; I’d hope I could connect to that and use the RM on the iPad and the remote as well.

this can only work if the Kemper and the remote control the IP configuration (dynamic / static). Let's see ?

• So here's a question: How will this app correlate to using Rig Manager? One of the enigmas I've faced since utilizing rig manager and the expanded editor is the best way to keep my rigs and performances organized. Even prior to the editor, it seemed logical to me to create specific rigs within Browse mode. And many of my "new" rigs are just duplicates of others in which I use whatever my current 3 to 4 go-to generic studio amp/cab profiles at differing gain stages with a different combination of effects and settings needed for specific songs. For a long while, I've was taking advantage of instant morphing of the settings and the four second row toggle switches, which in many cases allow me to only need one rig per song. Over time I've begun to take more liberty in creating five Rig performances for songs rather than futzing with morphing and toggle switches as often. This then introduces the question: do I first build my rigs in browse mode and then assembly them into a single performance? And if I do, there will be times when I'm playing with that performance and I'll want to make subtle edits. But if I do, I now have two versions of that rig: the altered one in performance mode and the original in browse mode. Do I redundantly export the performance version to the browse pool and then switch to browse mode to delete the original?

Rig Manager and the editor presented a new organizational enigma: Do I create and permanently store my original rigs and performances in Rig Manager and transfer them to my KPA as I need them? If so, and I make and save edits on my KPA during sound check while not hooked up to Rig Manger, I once again end up with multiple versions with the same name. I have to remind myself to either delete new version or the original in Rig Manager. Or, instead do I first create and store them on the KPA and only store them in Rig Manager as backups or just back them up on the USB and store them in Rig Manager when I no longer want them currently on my KPA?

Now add this new iPad App. If all it's used for is to give you tactile control over your KPA device its makes a lot of sense. But if it's also used as a way to backup and have copies of Rigs and Performances, you really need to choosing using it exclusively over using the editor. I suppose one could always utilize Rig Manger for storage and home editing, and utilize the app exclusively for operating are storing changing on the KPA itself in live situations.

• So here's a question: How will this app correlate to using Rig Manager? One of the enigmas I've faced since utilizing rig manager and the expanded editor is the best way to keep my rigs and performances organized. Even prior to the editor, it seemed logical to me to create specific rigs within Browse mode. And many of my "new" rigs are just duplicates of others in which I use whatever my current 3 to 4 go-to generic studio amp/cab profiles at differing gain stages with a different combination of effects and settings needed for specific songs. For a long while, I've was taking advantage of instant morphing of the settings and the four second row toggle switches, which in many cases allow me to only need one rig per song. Over time I've begun to take more liberty in creating five Rig performances for songs rather than futzing with morphing and toggle switches as often. This then introduces the question: do I first build my rigs in browse mode and then assembly them into a single performance? And if I do, there will be times when I'm playing with that performance and I'll want to make subtle edits. But if I do, I now have two versions of that rig: the altered one in performance mode and the original in browse mode. Do I redundantly export the performance version to the browse pool and then switch to browse mode to delete the original?

Rig Manager and the editor presented a new organizational enigma: Do I create and permanently store my original rigs and performances in Rig Manager and transfer them to my KPA as I need them? If so, and I make and save edits on my KPA during sound check while not hooked up to Rig Manger, I once again end up with multiple versions with the same name. I have to remind myself to either delete new version or the original in Rig Manager. Or, instead do I first create and store them on the KPA and only store them in Rig Manager as backups or just back them up on the USB and store them in Rig Manager when I no longer want them currently on my KPA?

Now add this new iPad App. If all it's used for is to give you tactile control over your KPA device its makes a lot of sense. But if it's also used as a way to backup and have copies of Rigs and Performances, you really need to choosing using it exclusively over using the editor. I suppose one could always utilize Rig Manger for storage and home editing, and utilize the app exclusively for operating are storing changing on the KPA itself in live situations.

Kemper Kloud

• As cool and welcome as this feature is, I'm not really seeing the excitement. I use my Kemper for home practice, recording, band practices and gigs. I use a large number of patches, loads of effects and it's far from a straightforward guitar-amp-rockout.

At home, it's connected to a Windows tablet so I create my patches either with the front panel or RM editor.

At band practice, I'll try the new patches and might have to tweak the volume at the end of the song but I'll just make a note of what needs adjusting when I'm home. I don't want to be the guy that frequently asks the others for a moment to fiddle with their gear as we're paying for the room per hour. The next time we get together, those new patches will be 99% there.

At gigs, I don't adjust things. Whoever is doing the FOH might tweak the EQ on the mixer but my sounds are well rehearsed and good to go.

I understand that it's a welcome addition but it's not going to help me do anything I can't already. But each to their own!

• At home, it's connected to a Windows tablet so I create my patches either with the front panel or RM editor.

I think most people don't use Windows tablets. They are mostly used in a business enviroment and a lot of people will have an ipad or an Android tablet.

You are one of very few who already have the hardware to do this stuff that we will hopefully get soon, so i can understand why it's so underwhelming for you :)

• I understand that it's a welcome addition but it's not going to help me do anything I can't already. But each to their own!

It's all about workflow.

You have a very nice workflow and you even have a wired tablet that you could be using already but you opt not to use it out of home.

But for people that might already have an iPad but not a Windows tablet they would get some of that convenience you already have.

In my case we pay the rehearsal room per month. Most of the music we write is done in that room, not at home. Sometimes we might come with a riff or an idea but we mainly compose our songs together. So in my case it would be a lot easier to just have an iPad to tweak that delay, that reverb or that chorus perfect for the part. I have to do it anyways but have to bend, look the small screen and go through menus to have all the parameters.

I could buy a Windows tablet also... but I already own an iPad, so...