Unpowered Head with 2 Kabinets plus effects loop?

• Hi everyone, long time listener, first time caller :)

I have an unpowered head with a TC BAM200 power amp and original Kabinet. I use an H9 in the effects loop. When the powered Kabinet came out, I was ready to buy one to run my Kemper in stereo. However, in reviewing the manual and signal path, it appears that the Send/Direct Out becomes the Right channel for the Monitor Out (Cab off) when Monitor Stereo is checking. This results in losing the Send for my H9 in the effects loop. I'd love to figure out a way to have a stereo image with 2 Kabinets plus my stereo effects from the H9.

I realize I can simply run my H9 in front to the input, but then I can't use the Loop module for having the pre-amp feed the effects box.

Anyone else run into this? I see the Stage has 2 loops which would 'solve' the issue, but I do not want to switch from the head to the Stage.

Thanks!

Paul

• If the H9 has Stereo Inputs, you can send Stereo Monitor Out to the H9, and the H9 stereo outputs to the Kabinets.

Thank you, Paults. The H9 does have stereo inputs, but I was under the impression this routing would not allow the two Kabinet to use the imprints but would flip it to FRFR mode?

• I think what Paul is suggesting is to place the H9 at the and of the chain between the Monitor Out/Direct Out and the BAM/PowerKab no the main stereo outs of the Kemper. The Kemper won’t know any difference between being connected directly to the amps or via the H9. The only problem with this is that the H9 signal will only be a available for monitoring. It won’t be sent to FOH.

• I think what Paul is suggesting is to place the H9 at the and of the chain between the Monitor Out/Direct Out and the BAM/PowerKab no the main stereo outs of the Kemper. The Kemper won’t know any difference between being connected directly to the amps or via the H9. The only problem with this is that the H9 signal will only be a available for monitoring. It won’t be sent to FOH.

Wheresthedug is correct. My suggestion will only work for at home or “stage volume only” gigs. The H9 effects would not be heard in the Main Outputs.

Thank you both for clarifying. I’m a home player so not using the Mains is not an issue for me.

So, the path would be Monitor Out and Direct Out set to Stereo, input left and right into my H9, then H9 output to the BAM / unpowered Kabinet on one side and the other side goes to the Powered Kabinet? Would the imprints for the Kabinets still work in that case?

Also, the H9 would be post the full signal path from the Kemper (post any Kemper based mod/delay/reverb) and not part of the Kemper signal chain? All else equal I’d prefer to keep the H9 in the loop on the Kemper sending the H9 outputs back to the Kemper returns. I realize sending the signal ‘dry’ of any a Kemper effects would have the similar effect, just not able to control the effects loop via the Kemper and Remote.

Assuming I have this correct, then unless a Kemper were to alter another output (Not sure if this is possible via firmware update) to act as the effect loop Send this routing isn’t currently possible.

• As you do not use the Main Output for anything else you can keep the H9 in the loop and connect the BAM to MainOut.

Thank you HELL-G. If I use the BAM through the mains then I will lose the imprints for the Kabinet. I thought the imprints only work through the Monitor Cab out?