Alternative Input noise with some pedals

• I have been using the alternative input on the back of my kemper rack fine for a long time.

I run a mix of different external pedals as my front-end, changing them regularly, and have never had any issues with noise until recently.

I have a couple pedals that when they are in my chain there will always be excessive noise, making them unusable. If I move from the rear alternative input to the front of the kemper, then the problem goes away.

Anyone experienced this issue or know what the official word on this might be?

• It's known that the rear input has more noise ... I also used to connect my wireless to that input and abandoned it ...

Forgot what the reason was, Kemper did clarify it once ... use the search function , you might find something

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I see some previous related posts but not this specific scenario. Here is some more detail...

When I use pedals like OD and compression from Keeley, JHS, Origin Effects into the back alt input everything is fine. But when I've added the Shin-ei Vibe 2 (with either of its bypass/pre switch settings) major noise and screeching happens. When I connect this into the front, all of that noise is gone and it's very quiet.

I've reached out to the pedal manufacturer too. Sounds great now, through the front input, but it is a bit of a mystery why this happens.

• So the alternative input is high-impedance of course then I probably shouldn't be running any pedals in there.

I got to speak with Bob at Shin-Ei who makes this vibe pedal. He told me that there can be issues with certain pedals run in front of or after his Vibe 2 pedal, and you just have to experiment.

Think I'm going to be using the front input on the kemper for all my future pedal action.

Edited 2 times, last by DCDave07 ().