Barefaced Reality 112FR cab

• Has anyone tried one of these with your Kemper?

It’s an FRFR cab that is designed to fill the room, and therefore enable the whole band to hear you clearly. I think it is designed to work well in venues, perhaps smaller venues, where the guitar is ‘un-miked’ and doesn’t go through the main sound system.

I’d be interested to hear how you’ve been getting on with this, and what you have been using as your power amp, particularly if you’ve been using a Fryette PS-2 or LXii, which is what I am leaning towards at the moment.

https://barefacedaudio.com/products/reality112fr

• Why would you spend double the amount of money to get basically the same thing as a Kemper Kabinet? The Kabinet is rated at 200 watts too. Plus you can use imprints on the Kabinet and it matches the Profiler. Kabinet is $480US

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I haven’t tried any Bareface stuff but I have several bass player friends who swear by their bass cabs. They seem to make really top quality stuff without totally bursting the bank.

I noticed that they have a 9ne month trial period which might be worth taking advantage of. My biggest concern would be the real firing tweeter could cause phase problems unless positioned carefully in relation to the back wall but I presume they have done extensive testing with it and found it works OK.

the only other thing that would concern me a little if I wanted to run Imprints is that the DSP in the KPA is designed to work with the Kone. The F12-X200 is a totally different speaker so imprints won’t sound as expected. Some people have tried it and feel they like the sound of them though so again, the only way to know whether it works for you is to try it.

I would be interested to hear how you get on but just out of curiosity as I’m really happy with my Powered Head and passive Kabinet.

• I haven’t plumped yet. I reckon that a closed back cabinet ( Kabinet) is going to sound great if you’re in front of it but for the rest of the band it may not work very well, if they do not have fold back speakers (wedge/floor monitors) or in-ear monitors. Any comments?

• Why would you spend double the amount of money to get basically the same thing as a Kemper Kabinet? The Kabinet is rated at 200 watts too. Plus you can use imprints on the Kabinet and it matches the Profiler. Kabinet is $480US

it’s the ability to “fill the room”, without losing low end which attracts me. I reckon a closed back cabinet will sound great for you but the other guys in the band may not be able to hear you. If that’s true, the imprints feature may be of lesser importance. Happy for someone to tell me that their band members can hear them fine without additional monitors (in-ears, floor wedges, etc).

• I haven’t plumped yet. I reckon that a closed back cabinet ( Kabinet) is going to sound great if you’re in front of it but for the rest of the band it may not work very well, if they do not have fold back speakers (wedge/floor monitors) or in-ear monitors. Any comments?

I side wash my Kabinet, and everyone can hear it onstage without a problem.

• it’s the ability to “fill the room”, without losing low end which attracts me. I reckon a closed back cabinet will sound great for you but the other guys in the band may not be able to hear you. If that’s true, the imprints feature may be of lesser importance. Happy for someone to tell me that their band members can hear them fine without additional monitors (in-ears, floor wedges, etc).

Why don‘t you buy a Barefaced Reformer 112 instead and put a Kemper Kone inside? That should give you best of both worlds. I have one with a normal speaker and it is a really great sounding cab.

• Why don‘t you buy a Barefaced Reformer 112 instead and put a Kemper Kone inside? That should give you best of both worlds. I have one with a normal speaker and it is a really great sounding cab.

now that’s an intriguing prospect! Have you used your Barefaced cab with a Kemper direct amp profile?