Ducking delay trails on a new slot..

• Hello Kempers, hope someone can help..

I have a ducking delay on slot 1 with a long tail and when changing to slot 2 the trail continues nicely with a long fade out. BUT in slot 2 I need to play on top of the delay tail (from slot 1) without the ducking function will lower the tail.. I you see? Any ideas to solve this?

• You could set up morphing on slot 1 so that ducking is enabled in the unmorphed state, and disabled in the morphed state.

Then, shortly before switching to slot 2, press the button for slot 1 on the Remote. Pressing the button for a slot that is already active toggles between morphed and unmorphed. That way, you will effectively turn off ducking before switching to slot 2.

I haven't tried this, but I would expect that the resulting spillover tail would not be ducking, since it was generated while ducking was disabled.

* You can set the rise and fall time for morphing in the Rig menu. This is the time it takes to fade/switch from unmorphed to morphed and vice versa when using the slot button method. Best to set it short in this case, I think.

* Try pressing the button for slot 1 (to disable ducking) right before you play the phrase that you want to hear in the spillover delay.

• Thanks Robrecht! it works.. Just need to do some extra thinking and stepping though:-)

The rig spillover time is also too short even with a feedback setting on 98 %. Do you know if that's adjustable? I can only find the on/off option..?

Thank you

• if you need a longer delay tail, maybe its possible to set up the sound from rig 2 with morphing in rig 1?

if so, you could leave the ducking alone and freeze the delay or see what you can do with the delay mix location.

Delay Mix

Controls the level of the delay signal. At the middle position, the delay is as loud as the direct signal; beyond this point it will start to attenuate the dry signal. With “Mix” turned all the way to the right, you will hear only the pure, delayed signal.

Delay Mix is accessible via the row of knobs in the upper half of the panel, if the effect is placed in the DLY module.

Mix Location Pre/Post

Determines whether the Mix control is positioned at the input (Pre) or the output (Post) of the delay. This option does not change the signal immediately, but it becomes relevant when the Mix control is morphed by a switch or pedal.

In the "Postposition, a change of the Mix control changes the output level of the delay, and thus will have an immediate impact to the delay tail when modified. In the "Preposition, the delay tail will be unaffected by fast changes to Mix, which will control only the delay input level.

• Thanks Christianbad! Thats a great idea. I have two different amps in slot 1 and 2 in order to have very different sounds but I will try to play with the mix location and see the possibilities or try to compromise with the sound difference and put slot 2 sound in slot 1. Thanks!

• Yes, if it's possible to find a compromise, staying in the same slot will give you a lot more possibilities for the delay!

I don't know about the length of the spillover trail from one slot to another. Could be that it is limited, regardless of the feedback settings, to limit the processing overhead of adding it on top of an entire other slot.