New Kemper Power Kabinet - Buzz on Clean Sounds

• Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing a buzz on clean sounds from the Kemper Power Kabinet?

The same clean patches have no buzz through studio monitors (connected via spdif). The buzz is only present whilst playing.

My Setup

I have an unpowered kemper.

Instrument cable is plugged into monitor out and kabinet input.

Monitor volume on kemper = -12db

Kone is enabled in settings

Power Amp Boost is 6.0db (have tried zero and same issue presents)

Monitor Cab off/on same issue presents

Guitar is a Gibson Les Paul (not buzzing on other amps or when the kemper is playing through spdif)

It is like a mild fuzz pedal is always on... I just can't get a pure clean tone

Input and Output led lights are showing as standard green (I believe this means no clipping).

The unit has arrived in Australia from Germany and I'm wondering if something has come loose in transit...

I have also tried System - Init Globals. Hopefully there is an easy fix.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andy

• I plugged the exact same cable from the monitor out into another powered speaker and no buzz.

Looks like an issue with the Powered Kabinet from brand new and first play.

It just will not produce a clean sound. It is like a fuzz pedal is permanently on.

Thanks for your help.

• Did you find a solution? I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my brand new Kemper Stage and my Les Paul. There is no chance to get a clean sound via headphones. I already tuned Input/Output section parameters to no avail. It just sounds "broken" with lo gain rigs.

• The Headphone Output is quite hot, probably the drivers are distorting. Do you have a chance to try with a higher Ohm Headphone?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Kellerblues thx for heading me to that direction. I just used the Main-Outs into my HiFi rig and everything sounded great without tuning anything. So I'm more relaxed now and will debug the headphone output. Anyway, this should be addressed in the manual IMHO.