looking for Audio Interface that works standalone with Kemper; ideally working with iPad

• Anyone having any experience / recommendation with the above ?

Looking to link non powered Toaster to Audio interface for a) recording to laptop ; b) also works standalone with no laptop connected. Like that i would like to have audio interface working like a regular mixer with multiple ins and have 2 or 3 bus mixes to route to 2-3 dedicated outputs.

Like that i can always play guitar through Kemper without having to drag laptop to it.

I am aware that Focusrite 18i8 and 18i20 would do this ( but saw some limitation that it can only do 1 mix out ?)

Also saw that MOTU ultralight mk5 can do this , and have several Bus/sub mixes ? But read a lot of issues with MOTU drivers/mix software (any experience on forum with issues MOTU ?) ?

Read a lot of good about RME - Fireface UC would be not bad, but is quite old. Can we use their Mix software with iPad or does it always need connected laptop ?

UA Apollo Twin looks very sexy, but does not come with RCA SPDIF. see also options from Audient ID44 or Audiofuse studio 18i20.

UA Apollo x8 looks great, and plug ins look sexy, but do we really need them ?? also fear 3000 EUR is bit silly for keen amateur wanting to do some home recording, and X4 is 2300 EUr and doesn't have SPDIF

Have already Presonus Studio 2632 thunderbolt 2 , that works OK, but cannot work standalone unfortunately. pity about the very low latency thunderbolt if one needs always laptop.

requirements

- would like to connect kemper via SPDIF - unless forum finds this is overstated

- reamping would be nice option

- 2 or 4 inputs at least (reamping, plus drum input mono)

- 4 -6 out to send to 1) Kemper Power Kab; 2) stereo monitor mix

- Adat out would be good so on those couple occasions that i use the persons studio, I can link them up.

- if mixer software of Audio Interface works remote with iPad, that would be great - nothing to connect, no long wires to top over, ... and seems Kemper will soon get RigMgr via iPad ?

Or should i just buy a regular mixer or one of those Behringer Air x18 ?

Any views/ experiences ?