How do you prefer to listen to your Kemper at home? (POLL)

• How do you mainly listen to your Kemper? 91

1. Kemper Kabinet (15) 16%
    2. FRFR cabinet (12) 13%
    3. Studio headphones (21) 23%
    4. Monitor speakers (29) 32%
    5. Standard guitar cabinet (11) 12%
    6. Other (specify) (3) 3%

Besides going through a deafening PA and your 4x12 on stage, how do you mainly use your Kemper?

• Hi, Kaschko.

As you observed in another discussion, my whole deal is playing live. That explains why my "Other" is my gig rig.

A Bose L1 Pro32 with Sub1. This is my personal rig for vocals and guitar.

I use two L1 Pro32 for rehearsal as I play with backing tracks to simulate playing live with the band. I don't use backing tracks live.

Playing out, I typically run mono, although I might run stereo for solo gigs depending on the kind of show.

Like you, I want to control, predict, and manage what I will hear, and sound like in all settings (home, rehearsal, on stage, front of house). Using the same rig everything makes that simpler.

ST

• Hi Kaschko.

The historical root of the Bose L1 is a personal PA, and as originally conceived, each performer would have one. You put the system behind you. With a Profiler (or modeller), it fulfills three roles: backline amp, monitor, and front of house (medium-sized venues). I use mine that way, and have been running these systems (my gig rig) since 2004.

It turned out they also work well as a Front of House system (and louder) if you put it on the sides and in front of the performers. Lots of people use them that way too.

• Hi Kaschko.

The historical root of the Bose L1 is a personal PA, and as originally conceived, each performer would have one. You put the system behind you. With a Profiler (or modeller), it fulfills three roles: backline amp, monitor, and front of house (medium-sized venues). I use mine that way, and have been running these systems (my gig rig) since 2004.

It turned out they also work well as a Front of House system (and louder) if you put it on the sides and in front of the performers. Lots of people use them that way too.

Used an L1 with B1 Mii for over a year for my Kemper and vocals. Excellent results.

• Studio Monitors at 80db and Headphone at 90db - because I can. ;)

I very rarely use my Kabinet in studio because I have to wait until wife and kids leave to go FUNdb on it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I’ve had a Kemper Kab, and FRFR cab and regular guitar cabs. At times I’ve liked them all. But currently I really like the Kemper through a Fryette Power Station and into a regular guitar cab.

What job does the Fryette do here? I guess you‘re not attenuating, so are you using it as a poweramp for an unpowered toaster?

• I like to mess around with all of them except the Kone speakers which I didnt care for, but I mostly use a real cabinet. However using an FRFR lets you experiment with different IRs. I like the Celestion f12-x200 speaker allot.

• Other: Loud.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I’ve had a Kemper Kab, and FRFR cab and regular guitar cabs. At times I’ve liked them all. But currently I really like the Kemper through a Fryette Power Station and into a regular guitar cab.

I ran my stage through my PS-100 and into a 2x12. The sound was awesome. This is definitely a good way to do this.

The other way I do it is to run the stage directly into a QSC K8 on a stand hooked up to the main outs. That way I can adjust volumes and know what it will sound like directly through a PA.

• Mine is cumbersome, using 2 heads, and 2/ 4x12 cabs, I get the same results everywhere, and if anything happens to the Kemper, i can plug right into the front of my amps, and keep going.

• I ran my stage through my PS-100 and into a 2x12. The sound was awesome. This is definitely a good way to do this.

The other way I do it is to run the stage directly into a QSC K8 on a stand hooked up to the main outs. That way I can adjust volumes and know what it will sound like directly through a PA.

When you ran yours through guitar cabs did you just use direct profiles or were you happy with regular studio profiles? So far I’ve only used direct but that limits my choices.