Saving everything expect cab and amp?

• Hi there!

Stage user here.

Is there a way to save every slot as a preset/scene without amp and cab block?

Instead of trying some profiles to find a great tone and then have drag and drop everything or to save it then load another profile with effects then lock everything etc etc.

If it doesn’t exist it would be a really great feature!

Thanxs.

• I think I had the same issue as you. Do you generally have all of your stomps/effects the same for each rig, but have a different amp/cab?

This is what I do, every rig was the same (mostly) with the exception of amp/cab, so then when I wanted to check out a new amp, all of the stomps/effects with that particular rig would overwrite my standard “template” that I made and I would have to re-drag everything back in. I work around it a bit better now by using the lock feature. Lock each of the stomps/effects and drag a new amp/cab in

now that I re-read your post, it looks like you may already use locking? If so, then let my comment just help you posts visibility, because I’d love a better way to do this than manually locking/unlocking

• As a Toaster user....I'm flying a little blind, but....

I'd look at creating a rig with the amp and cab turned off. Set the Stomps and Effects as you'd like, save that. Create a copy of what is now a template. Select your amp/cab combo however you like. Boom.

The workflow here is a little backwards (amp/cab last), but makes things repeatable.

You may want to try saving your amps/cabs as presets. I forget if on the Stage you can save Stacks as presets. I like to do that in order to audition amps with the exact same Stomps/Effects. Using complete rigs means locking/unlocking.....ick.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think I had the same issue as you. Do you generally have all of your stomps/effects the same for each rig, but have a different amp/cab?

This is what I do, every rig was the same (mostly) with the exception of amp/cab, so then when I wanted to check out a new amp, all of the stomps/effects with that particular rig would overwrite my standard “template” that I made and I would have to re-drag everything back in. I work around it a bit better now by using the lock feature. Lock each of the stomps/effects and drag a new amp/cab in

now that I re-read your post, it looks like you may already use locking? If so, then let my comment just help you posts visibility, because I’d love a better way to do this than manually locking/unlocking

yes that’s also what I do for the moment.

It can be really annoying when you have 2 or 3 pedals/effect templates...

Thanxs for the up ^^

• As a Toaster user....I'm flying a little blind, but....

I'd look at creating a rig with the amp and cab turned off. Set the Stomps and Effects as you'd like, save that. Create a copy of what is now a template. Select your amp/cab combo however you like. Boom.

The workflow here is a little backwards (amp/cab last), but makes things repeatable.

You may want to try saving your amps/cabs as presets. I forget if on the Stage you can save Stacks as presets. I like to do that in order to audition amps with the exact same Stomps/Effects. Using complete rigs means locking/unlocking.....ick.

I’m gonna try to find information about saving stacks as presets! Seems a great thing!
    thanxs

• Unfortunately it isn't possible to save all the FX as a single preset to use as a Template. It is possible to do it in two steps on the classic profilers (rack and toaster) but it can't be done on the Stage or via Rig Manager which is a PITA.

On the physical classic profilers you can save the Stomps section as one preset and the Effects Section as a second preset. That way you only need to drag in two presets. Also you can lock Stomps and Effects as sections rather than locking all slots individually or doing the Lock All then unlocking Amp and/or Cab. To be honest the Lock All option in RM is actually pretty good. The problem is the lasck of an option to Unlock Stomps or Unlock Effects as a group.

If Kemper would add Section Presets to RM it would make things a lot easier and smoother ;(

• Perhaps the answer to your need is: selective browse.

You can focus on amp, cabinet or stack and then browse through all the Rigs and just load amp, cabinet or stack while all the effect modules stick.