Does Kabinet sound good with non Kemper Heads?

• Like lets say I use an Orange, or a Marshall, or Egnater, Fender head with the Kemper Kabinet.

Since its a default, FRFR neutral sounding kabinet, will it sound great with whatever head you choose to pair with it?

• It might sound very good or great with a modeler, because they are designed to be used with full range speakers.

But, conventional guitar cabinets are not even close to full range. To get an idea of how an Orange, or a Marshall, or Egnater, or Fender head might sound with the Kemper Kabinet, pick nice sounding Studio Profiles of those amps using headphones or studio monitors, and turn off the Cabinet Module.

• It is worth bearing in mind that the Kone is not a full range or flat response speaker by default. It relies on the Kone DSP in the Kemper to make it flat for Full Range mode. Therefore, the results you get with another modelling device will be unknown until you try it. They may work really well together but they may not depending on your own tastes.

• My understandig is NO! It is written somewhere in the manual (chapter about Kone).

Here it is - Main Manual page 98-99:

The KEMPER Kone speaker and KEMPER Kone mode in the PROFILER are a perfect match. Therefore, please do not run the KEMPER Kone without the KEMPER Kone mode activated. You should also refrain from running the KEMPER Kone speaker with any sound generator other than the PROFILER. If you do, it will not sound good, and will certainly not sound as intended. The same applies for running the KEMPER Kone mode into another speaker — this will also not sound good.

• Picking this thread up again. I played an FM 9 with Amp modeling off into the Milkman The Stereo connected to a Kemper Kabinet. Sounded good to my ears.

• No it’s specifically designed to be used with the Kemper using its DSP.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.