Kemper profiles worthy of keeping?

• I have about $100.00 in paid profiles by what I consider to be the top 3 profile merchants. That being said, I could easily find enough rigs in free rig packs and ones included in the KPA to do anything I wanted. I don't regret buying all those profiles I'll likely use 5% of as it was a learning experience that cost about as much as a pedal. Last night I was messing with the stuff in the Legends pack that I initially kind of waved over and was having an absolute blast.

Played teen spirit with the Kurt Cob and kicked in the DS for the heavy parts, Jimmy page one was great also, as well as one of my favorite profiles ever that led me to the Bert stuff, TD's tweek on Bert's BE100 (EVH). The Carlos was excellent too I couldn't stop playing lead with it. It worked pretty good for classic rock as well and had a bit of give & fatness that made it fun to play. The Mark Nof was cool. I was playing MFN with it and it was closer than anything I have tried in the past for that song. Adjusting that fixed wah a tad, I could play certain Boston leads as well (Don't be afraid) on my goldtop that were perfect. The SRV was very nice and a keeper. In the Kemper the /13 by , & the JJ30 match by MB are great for low/mid gain stuff. FX and pedals give them huge versatility. I've gigged with less than what just those two profiles could provide!

14 of the legend pack profiles are tweeked from Bert's and that's how I was thankfully lead to his stuff. Most likely TD used them recognizing the goodness of them as well. I could take a few of his from the legends, with the /13 & JJ30 matchless and have a better live sound than anything I ever had I'm thinking. You can fire up a Kemper and have instant satisfaction and great sound, but for me it has been entertaining learning how to get the most from it and what I like the best. There are so many choices, it's difficult for "grass is greener" people like me to decide on all of them. One thing for sure is it keeps me from buying amps. When I think "Oh I'd like to have that cool tweed Blues Jr." or something, I stop myself and go Why? I can dial that tone in on my Kemper , have effects and superior options, light weight and all in one sensibility.

• In my opinion, and many will disagree I am sure...these "top sellers" took advantage of an opportunity to make some money. Basically selling profiles that in most cases are no better then ones found in the Exchange, or created by yourself.

• In my opinion, and many will disagree I am sure...these "top sellers" took advantage of an opportunity to make some money. Basically selling profiles that in most cases are no better then ones found in the Exchange, or created by yourself.

For the price I paid for the ones I have, I don't mind. For all the effort they did, It was worth it. Plus I don't have a Plexi, BE100, Matchless, two TG-2s a ribbon mic and a U87 so getting all that for the price of a lunch is ok. I look at it as more of a thank you to them for their work rather than they are making all of this money from me.

• For the price I paid for the ones I have, I don't mind. For all the effort they did, It was worth it. Plus I don't have a Plexi, BE100, Matchless, two TG-2s a ribbon mic and a U87 so getting all that for the price of a lunch is ok. I look at it as more of a thank you to them for their work rather than they are making all of this money from me.

The main issue I always had with commercial profiles is that they are taken from settings preferred by that person. Yes adjustments can certainly be made but its not the same as the real amp. I once played a real ENGL Metal Matser head and loved it. I saw that ChopTones had available profiles for that amp so I purchased them. Unfortunately it sounded noting like the head I was playing out of that day and I was very disappointed. Hit or miss I guess. I have found better profiles of that amp in the free Exchange.

There is no doubt that they are businesses but in their defence, most offer demos and also they follow a particular pattern so you at least get consistency.

I still believe that most commercial profiles are very cheap considering the cost of the amps involved. I also agree there are some great profiles on the exchange ( as profiling is still a relatively easy process) and buying them doesn't guarantee you'll like them.

• I have about $100.00 in paid profiles by what I consider to be the top 3 profile merchants. That being said, I could easily find enough rigs in free rig packs and ones included in the KPA to do anything I wanted. I don't regret buying all those profiles I'll likely use 5% of as it was a learning experience that cost about as much as a pedal. Last night I was messing with the stuff in the Legends pack that I initially kind of waved over and was having an absolute blast.

Played teen spirit with the Kurt Cob and kicked in the DS for the heavy parts, Jimmy page one was great also, as well as one of my favorite profiles ever that led me to the Bert stuff, TD's tweek on Bert's BE100 (EVH). The Carlos was excellent too I couldn't stop playing lead with it. It worked pretty good for classic rock as well and had a bit of give & fatness that made it fun to play. The Mark Nof was cool. I was playing MFN with it and it was closer than anything I have tried in the past for that song. Adjusting that fixed wah a tad, I could play certain Boston leads as well (Don't be afraid) on my goldtop that were perfect. The SRV was very nice and a keeper. In the Kemper the /13 by , & the JJ30 match by MB are great for low/mid gain stuff. FX and pedals give them huge versatility. I've gigged with less than what just those two profiles could provide!

14 of the legend pack profiles are tweeked from Bert's and that's how I was thankfully lead to his stuff. Most likely TD used them recognizing the goodness of them as well. I could take a few of his from the legends, with the /13 & JJ30 matchless and have a better live sound than anything I ever had I'm thinking. You can fire up a Kemper and have instant satisfaction and great sound, but for me it has been entertaining learning how to get the most from it and what I like the best. There are so many choices, it's difficult for "grass is greener" people like me to decide on all of them. One thing for sure is it keeps me from buying amps. When I think "Oh I'd like to have that cool tweed Blues Jr." or something, I stop myself and go Why? I can dial that tone in on my Kemper , have effects and superior options, light weight and all in one sensibility.

The biggest problem I think you've summerised here....I've forgotten what sounds are actually me! I love most of these sounds but they have their place. Most of the EVH profiles are great for EVH stuff but I feel like a cheat if I use it for other things :)..

The problems we face as a modern guitarist :)

• The biggest problem I think you've summerised here....I've forgotten what sounds are actually me! I love most of these sounds but they have their place. Most of the EVH profiles are great for EVH stuff but I feel like a cheat if I use it for other things :)..

The problems we face as a modern guitarist :)

LOL...that is so true! Back in the days, we dialed up our tone on the amp, good for all situations.

• The problems we face as a modern guitarist :)

Yep. 1st world problems indeed. And those are easy to stand, right? 8o

LOL...that is so true! Back in the days, we dialed up our tone on the amp, good for all situations.

Well, nobody is holding us back. Actually I did (and still do) this from time to time in jams or rehearsals with the band. Using one profile only, treating the Kemper as a one channel amp with some effects (4-5 buttons, a pedal, pretending to have a little pedal board in front of me). Yes, it means limiting myself way below the options of the incredible Kemper sound universe. But it also means clear focus on work with guitar, volume knob etc. - and it feels good. The guys around me liked the sound a lot and it was still super inspiring :)

• Yep. 1st world problems indeed. And those are easy to stand, right? 8o

Well, nobody is holding us back. Actually I did (and still do) this from time to time in jams or rehearsals with the band. Using one profile only, treating the Kemper as a one channel amp with some effects (4-5 buttons, a pedal, pretending to have a little pedal board in front of me). Yes, it means limiting myself way below the options of the incredible Kemper sound universe. But it also means clear focus on work with guitar, volume knob etc. - and it feels good. The guys around me liked the sound a lot and it was still super inspiring :)

I have also thought about that same idea. I actually did it this weekend at reversal. I used one Marshall Silver Jubilee profile that I liked and used the footswitch as an effects pedal board. It was like a real amp feel again and less fiddling around. Used the guitar volume control for a cleaner tone.

• My Tele loves @Zoltan1957's "1955 Super Tweed" profiles in the Rig Exchange. The snarl and breakup are just glorious. I can sub in different cabs to change the character. When I'm down for some noodling, it's 4 times out of 5 what I want an amp to sound like.