Its probably just me, BUT......... has the 8.2.2 OS changed the sound and feel of your Kemper?

• Two things I noticed immediately after updating my Kemper from the Beta releases to the 8.2.2 OS. The first thing I noticed (and this is global across all my performances and rigs that I have tried) is a "stiffness" in the response to my guitar. I always run my "Clean Sens." and "Dist. Sens." at zero. Does Kemper change the baseline of this number? Is a zero setting in 8.2.2 the same "value" in the signal processing compared to the previous Betas? It feels like it isn't.

Secondly, I always tailor the EQ values for every rig at 130Hz, 1500Hz, 2000Hz, 3300Hz and use cuts below 55Hz and above 8300Hz. I can tailor the clarity, aggression, and punch for my performances by EQing at these frequencies. In 8.2.2, it seems that performances that I had setup 6 months ago need different dB's at these frequencies to sound right to me.

I know our ears change and that sometimes the differences are subtle. However, is anyone else hearing and feeling differences with 8.2.2 compared to the Beta releases?

• OK thanks for that. I've noticed the ambient reverb (Cirrus Reverb) on many of my performances sound weak to non existent now, whereas before they were lush and full and stereophonic. I don't think these issues are just my admittedly below average ears.

I've always set pure cab to zero, but maybe I should redo all ~150 of my performance library with it off.

• Hi, bluzgtr68.

Did reverting to the previous beta solve the problem?

Two things I noticed immediately after updating my Kemper from the Beta releases to the 8.2.2 OS. The first thing I noticed (and this is global across all my performances and rigs that I have tried) is a "stiffness" in the response to my guitar. I always run my "Clean Sens." and "Dist. Sens." at zero. Does Kemper change the baseline of this number? Is a zero setting in 8.2.2 the same "value" in the signal processing compared to the previous Betas? It feels like it isn't.

Secondly, I always tailor the EQ values for every rig at 130Hz, 1500Hz, 2000Hz, 3300Hz and use cuts below 55Hz and above 8300Hz. I can tailor the clarity, aggression, and punch for my performances by EQing at these frequencies. In 8.2.2, it seems that performances that I had setup 6 months ago need different dB's at these frequencies to sound right to me.

I know our ears change and that sometimes the differences are subtle. However, is anyone else hearing and feeling differences with 8.2.2 compared to the Beta releases?

• Hi, bluzgtr68.

Did reverting to the previous beta solve the problem?

Yes, there were noticeable differences in the Reverb "strength" and decays and the EQ of my performances. You see I never "tweak" rigs, but use performances to contain my EQ and effects tweaks. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all along.

I'm currently doing re-amped examples for support. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks.

• I Keep all the rigs in my browser "stock" except for amp volume which I adjust to be somewhat even with the rest of my profiles. Maybe not perfectly but close enough so that when I add them it's in the ballpark volume wise with everything else. All my editing is done in performance also that way if I alter something and realize later I made it worse than it started, I have a fresh "copy" in the browser to start with or compare.

I save favorite FX either in banks of 4 or separate that I add and sometimes lock and save across a few slots.

Right or wrong, I prefer this method. There usually isn't anything I add that I feel I wouldn't be able to replicate quickly, It's pretty easy for me to get what I want so I can get back there with my ears and a few details.

• I haven't updated to the latest OS yet but I have run into similar audio issues with previous recent updates. The Kemper team claimed that there shouldn't be any changes to sound, but my ears say different.

I always do a back-up (on thumb drive) of my Kemper before I do any OS updates. And this has helped me a time or two when, after the OS update, something just didn't sound right.

If something doesn't sound right, I just restore my back-up file and all is good again.

This has worked so far, for the couple of times I've had to do it.

I have never taken the time to dig into see exactly what had changed after the OS update.

• I've sent Re-Amped tracks to Kemper Support showing the differences in EQ and reverb I'm seeing. Hopefully they will be able to calculate what's going on in the DSP for each OS as they used the exact same input from re-amping and the exact same performance.

• I've sent Re-Amped tracks to Kemper Support showing the differences in EQ and reverb I'm seeing. Hopefully they will be able to calculate what's going on in the DSP for each OS as they used the exact same input from re-amping and the exact same performance.

And those reamped tracks show noticable differences?

• Yes the Re-Amps showed a difference, but Support told me that my Profiler diagnostic was corrupted so my Kemper data structure was corrupt. That may well have been the culprit. I have reformatted my Kemper to factory conditions and my reverbs and Studio EQs seem to be back to normal. However, now some of my effects factory presets seem to be missing. I'm tracking that down right now.

• Yes the Re-Amps showed a difference, but Support told me that my Profiler diagnostic was corrupted so my Kemper data structure was corrupt. That may well have been the culprit. I have reformatted my Kemper to factory conditions and my reverbs and Studio EQs seem to be back to normal. However, now some of my effects factory presets seem to be missing. I'm tracking that down right now.

Thanks for working so diligently with support to get it fixed. Helps everyone in the process.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM