Kemper (profile player) as a software plugin

• Yesterday i fired up my old Mac Pro and Reaper. In Reaper i started NI Guitar Rig, old version, 5. It still worked! It does put a load on the CPU though. I recorded a few tracks with NI GR and a few with my Kemper Toaster. Apples to oranges i know, but the Kemper sounded " juicier" , NI GR grittier. But. With Ni GR you record the dry guitar sound and you can change the modelling and FX AFTER you've recorded your guitar part. This is the big advantage of software plugins. Like Line 6 Helix Native. A Kemper profile player would be fine for me. OTOH you have to run the plugin and the DAW and the OS on that poor computer. The CPU has to run all that stuff in real time. What do you think?

• If re-amping a dry guitar track is your aim / wish , thats possible with Kemper too ....

Just hook it up the right way and play / record your song / riff ......

Se Manual topic "Reamping" page 119

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• What's nice about having amp sim plugins along with Kemper is you can plugin your DI signal to a GTR5 and the latency on it actually works pretty cool for a double track to a Kemper mono track. Try it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.