Output section

• There is absolutely no help or literature regarding page 1 and 2 of the output section with the output source and volume respectively. It seems as if one of the items gets bumped or changed in anyway, the whole amp is dead until either A, you get lucky and find what got changed, or B, you have to do hours of research online to find what the settings are suppose to be. I have no volume or control from either rig volume, or master volume. There is nothing to tell a person what main output should be, monitor output, etc. I'm using a 4X12 cab with the profiler. No other speakers. UGH...this thing just causes me more stress than anything else. I should've stayed old school and kept my head and rack effects...hell of a lot simpler. The global inits does absolutely nothing. When I got this thing, I had to go online to find out why I couldn't hear anything because some clown in the factory or wherever it came from must've played around with the setting. I'm still trying to find out if there is an actual restore back to day 1 option. I'd rather just start over and have to reload all the rigs and redo all my profiles than deal with the BS anymore.

Welcome to thoughts, help, criticisms, etc.

Thanks.:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::!:

• There is absolutely no help or literature regarding page 1 and 2 of the output section with the output source and volume respectively. ....

1st of all you didn't indicate which model you own!

Have you downloaded main manual?

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

It doesn’t ship with a printed manual as they are constantly updating the software and the manual may be out of date by the time the unit reaches the customer.

For each model there is description of the output button in the "Front panel description" (see content) PLUS there is dedicated Ouptut section chapter with full description, see pages 103 - 119.

Hope this helps!

• Every aspect of the Profiler and how to operate it is covered in the main manual. The init globals function will reset all of the output parameters to their factory default values at which each of the outputs will deliver a meaningful signal. If you still cannot figure out how to use the unit properly after reading the manual I would suggest that you contact Kemper support for further assistance.

• The units get shipped with default settings, which enable sound on all outputs.

Just plug in the speaker cable from your 4*12 into the SPEAKER OUTPUT of your powered PROFILER and plug guitar cable into the front input and here you go.

Main Output settings are irrelevant for your setup. Monitor Output Source is by default at "Master Mono" and Monitor Output Volume at -12dB. By default it's linked to MASTER VOLUME, so that you can control the volume of your output with the MASTER VOLUME knob. BY defaulkt the internal power amp is activated.

There is just one setting you should change from its default, if you are using a guitar speaker cabinet: activate Monitor Cab. Off.

• Thanks folks. Sorry for the rant, very early in the morning and not in a good mood, trying to play with a computer basically. I have downloaded the manual and have read this thing extensively numerous times but whatever I read never seems to be relevant for what I'm specifically looking for. That said, I did find this...

Found this hiding after selecting the output button and then Quick...I guess if this is in the manual, I completely overlooked it.

Thanks again for the advice!!

• Those are example output presets, but not needed in your case.

If you received a brandnew device, you switch it on, plug in guitar cable plus speaker cable and already have sound. Then you should activate Monitor Cab. Off. That's all.

The printed multilingual Quick Start that comes with the product has a paragraph POWERED PROFILER WITH GUITAR CABINET. It explains this in a few sentences and with pictures on pages 17-19 (English). That's all it takes to start.

• My profiler shipped with a 27 page per Language Quick Start Manual which was more than enough to get me started, and become a successful user.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm new to KPA, 3 weeks in, and when ever i want to learn something about the Kemper, i go to YouTube, and type in,

" how to whatever you need on a Kemper", and a bunch of videos will pop up, and at least 2 or 3 will be exactly what i was looking for.

• I'm new to KPA, 3 weeks in, and when ever i want to learn something about the Kemper, i go to YouTube, and type in,

" how to whatever you need on a Kemper", and a bunch of videos will pop up, and at least 2 or 3 will be exactly what i was looking for.

I tried "how to make a million bucks on a Kemper". It only directed me to bitcoin. But the Profiler doesn't have a graphics card yet. ;(

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Welcome to thoughts, help, criticisms, etc.

Answer some of the questions we are asking.

What KPA do you have? Powered or unpowered.

Is it new?

Have you checked the quick start guide?

As mentioned from the factory, it should work.

Things to check:

1) Poweramp is on

2) Volumes are not linked.

• If someone starts a thread titled "KPR a giant piece of SHI......." he clearly has other problems and more missing than a manual!

People had been warned and blocked in the past for being "passive aggressive" or so, but this guy just gets multiple answers from the mods as if nothing happened (it seems)?

He was not in a good mood? WTF?! Is he 4 years old and has no control of his emotion? Ridiculous!

• I think he's done and hasn't checked the thread since posting this, mate:

Found this hiding after selecting the output button and then Quick...I guess if this is in the manual, I completely overlooked it.

Thanks again for the advice!!

So it would seem it's a case of "problem" solved.

The thread's title sure could use a makeover 'though. :huh:

• Hey all. Sorry for the title...yes, I was in a horrible mood, had been up for about two days straight and trying to play with a computer is clearly not smart. I've obviously not spent enough time with this unit. In response to some comments; it is the power rack profiler unit. When I got it new, turned it on, plugged the cab and guitar in, nothing. No sound. Had to go into the output section and everything in the first page; Main, Monitor, Direct, SPDIF, were all set to off. That said, I don't think I ever did have it set correctly. Before I lost sound completely, both the Master and Rig volumes worked independantly which was kind of a pain. They are independant now also with the Main=master stereo, Mon=master left, direc=off, and spdif=off. The monitor cab off is checked. Therein lies all of my confusion.

I do appreciate the responses. That said, no I'm not 4 years old and can't control my emotions. On the contrary...a year later with this thing and I'm just starting to learn what this thing can do. I finally got the gear to hook this thing up to the computer for recording...can't wait to see what kind of process that is.

Again, I apologize for the title and the ranting, and thanks again.

• Before I lost sound completely, both the Master and Rig volumes worked independantly which was kind of a pain. They are independant now also with the Main=master stereo, Mon=master left, direc=off, and spdif=off. The monitor cab off is checked. Therein lies all of my confusion.

Just a couple of points ( which I think you probably have now):

1) Master and rig volumes - you do want these independent of each other as they serve a different purpose.

2) Obviously make sure the volumes are unlinked for your main outputs and speaker out so you can crank the sound through your cab but the main output remains the same so you have a consistent feed the FOH or computer interface ( which should be around -12db to -20db.

Finally, don't get mad, reach out on here, we can usually help!