Tender Surrender

• Hi

I continue to tweak Maurizio's "Bogner Ecstasy" profil, to attempt a cover of a great song of "Alien Love Secrets" Steve Vai's album : Tender Surrender.

This song is magical (I love the crescendo of the voicing...the expressivity of the playing)...

I try to reproduce the feeling and energy of the song...but with my own interpretation and understanding of the song...:)

Hope some great vibes will be shared !

Maurizio, your profile is excellent! Thanks! :thumbup:

I just add a Green Scream stomp in front of the amp, changed the EQ and play with the "Volume knob" and the "pickups positions" on the guitar for the differents parts of the song.

The wah is a Morley Bad Horsie 1.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by Krok ().

• Thanks Wrbi !

I think nothing is impossible! ...my moto : "just trying to put a piece of my heart on my fingers"

Sometimes it works well...sometimes it doesn't...8o

For all "purist fan" of Steve Vai, I know it is not 100% accurate as I'm playing with ear learning...please be indulgent. :)

• Wow! Awesome!

the expressivity of the playing)...

I try to reproduce the feeling and energy of the song...but with my own interpretation and understanding of the song... :)

Indeed. Very, very well done. Really impressive. Most striking for me: You really play it with emotion and the right feeling, not purely technical. And technical skills are for sure necessary to get there any way. Thanks for sharing Krok , cool thing :thumbup:8)

• Thanks deadman42 !

To be honest, I don’t think to have great technical skills (i’m an autodidacte player and play only with my ears).
    I do my best to transfert emotion in my playing, that’s why I really appreciate your feed back! :)