Any good wireless guitar systems that can easily swap batteries?

• Hi guys

I'm looking for something like the Relay G10 I have, or the Sennheiser XSW-D set, preferably with only one battery on the transmitter - meaning that the receiver end doesn't need battery and is a charging port (not a MUST, but preferrable).. I want a new set that can swap disposable batteries. If no disposable battery swap, I want a set that uses common batteriy standards that are easily swappable after some years. My Relay G10 lasted two years and it's now completely dead, and battery change is very difficult on this unit without any hazards and I have to bin it.. I want a new system that I can have for decades, and I don't want internal batteries to dictate it's logevity. Any good recommendations? I'm looking at the Sennheiser XSW-D now, but it has internal batteries unfortunately. Perhaps it's easily swappable down the road?

Edited once, last by keem85 ().

• You can change the batterie very easy
    inside it's a CR2 or CR123A Li-ion 3,6V Batterie

CR123A H: 34.5 mm Ø: 17 mm
    CR2 H: 27 mm Ø: 15.6 mm

How to Open:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• I've seen it before many times. it's said in the video that it's a dangerous procedure, and you can see how he's really struggling. Not an option for me. I need a new system that has simpler mechanics for that

• Hi guys

I'm looking for something like the Relay G10 I have, or the Sennheiser XSW-D set, preferably with only one battery on the transmitter - meaning that the receiver end doesn't need battery and is a charging port (not a MUST, but preferrable).. I want a new set that can swap disposable batteries. If no disposable battery swap, I want a set that uses common batteriy standards that are easily swappable after some years. My Relay G10 lasted two years and it's now completely dead, and battery change is very difficult on this unit without any hazards and I have to bin it.. I want a new system that I can have for decades, and I don't want internal batteries to dictate it's logevity. Any good recommendations? I'm looking at the Sennheiser XSW-D now, but it has internal batteries unfortunately. Perhaps it's easily swappable down the road?

I spend a long time looking at wireless sets, noting that the Bug type was my priority.

I went with the Sennheiser and I've been using it for about 12 months ( albeit not much during Covid).

I couldn't find anything except the G10 and Boss that had a recharging port. I was looking for a digital system that I could use with AA or AAA rechargeables ( Li-on to avoid voltage drop) but the only one I'm aware of is the older Samson units which I loved and used to use but they are no longer easy to get hold of, issues with frequencies etc.

I think its a real gap in the market...

FYI How I use my Sennheiser -

I mounted a 1/4" jack socket onto a rack plate at the back of my rack. The receiver is plugged in permanently and also powered permanently ( so I never worry about charging it. I have 2 transmitters to make sure one is always fully charged.

If you are considering it, my views are:

Positives

Great range, no drop outs

Simple to operate

Can easily use multiple transmitters

Negatives

The swivel joint on my first became very loose so I had to return it.

single button is a faff

Hope that offers some sort of help.

• Is it part of a firmware problem that ruined battery life? https://line6.com/support/topi…ll-firmware-battery-life/

If that doesn't work, have you considered buying a repplacement transmitter?

It's out of question because of several reasons. First reason is that it's designed to die out after a few years, making you have to buy a new one. Always having to bin it and buy a new one.. It's a market practice I'm not very fond of, and I want a set that I can have for decades. Also, the transmitter is crazy expensive for what it's really worth..

I know that at some point I have to give my money to a brand that has the same practice, but hopefully a brand that I can easily swap it myself without too much hassle and fire hazard (Looking hopeful at Sennheiser).

V8guitar Are you talking about the Sennheiser XSW-D? How did you make it at the back plate of you're rack? I'm not fully understanding your setup. I'd love to see how it looks :)

If this set is working great, and that the batteries can be changed easily down the road, I'm gonna go for this set.. Both for XLR mics and for my guitar pedalboard.

• It's out of question because of several reasons. First reason is that it's designed to die out after a few years, making you have to buy a new one. Always having to bin it and buy a new one.. It's a market practice I'm not very fond of, and I want a set that I can have for decades. Also, the transmitter is crazy expensive for what it's really worth..

I know that at some point I have to give my money to a brand that has the same practice, but hopefully a brand that I can easily swap it myself without too much hassle and fire hazard (Looking hopeful at Sennheiser).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/g…sk-firmware-update/%3famp

Understood. But the recall may entitle you to a replacement or some level of compensation.

Even if you don’t keep it, at least it works and is worth something to someone.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• V8guitar Are you talking about the Sennheiser XSW-D? How did you make it at the back plate of you're rack? I'm not fully understanding your setup. I'd love to see how it looks :)

If this set is working great, and that the batteries can be changed easily down the road, I'm gonna go for this set.. Both for XLR mics and for my guitar pedalboard.

Not sure if you can see this...

• That is a regular patch panel on the back. I bought a 1/4" jack socket which connects to the front input ( prefer it).

I have permanent power via an adaptor into the USB C connector and strapped it on with a cable tie...

• V8guitar Thanks! Now I understand! :)

paults problem with those higher ends is that they are cumbersome to use at home. I have a setup here where I tell Google to turn on my PA and mixer table, and then I just pick up the guitar and start to play. So I need a set that has integrated batteries with the jack itself.

Ruefus Yes you're right. I expect to have to learn how to swap the batteries myself. The G10 we'd have to remove the cap on the batteries, and it's said in the video to not try this unless we know what we're doing, so it's a high risk especially for someone inexperienced like me.

I was looking at the shape of the Sennheiser XSW-D and it looked more like something that could be more easily swapped

And then I found this forum https://www.eoshd.com/comments…nnheiser-xsw-d-batteries/

It shows that the Sennheiser has this normal standard 3.7V/850mAh 14500 battery. It looks easier to swap, and I'd be fine with that, as long as there is a good and "safe"-ish guide on how to do it.

• You can change the batterie very easy
    inside it's a CR2 or CR123A Li-ion 3,6V Batterie

CR123A H: 34.5 mm Ø: 17 mm
    CR2 H: 27 mm Ø: 15.6 mm

How to Open:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Okay I've decided to try to swap this one. Do you know if both of these batteries you mentioned will work?

• Okay I've decided to try to swap this one. Do you know if both of these batteries you mentioned will work?

Please measure the battery after disassembling it.

The physical dimensions and voltage are important.

You can use any Li-Ion battery as long as it fits in the hausing and the voltage is correct.

I also used a new, higher capacity battery in my Stageclix guitar plug.

I've also seen people drill a small hole in the case and use a small jack to have the battery outside for quicker access.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm…at=0&_odkw=li-ion+battery

Be the force with you ;)