Use a Spark combo instead of separate speakers

• I have a Kemper rack mount and want to get rid of the PA speakers and power amp. Looking for a smaller form factor. Has anyone played the Spark combo? I only want it for the Aux input to run my kemper through. It will fit in the rack. Anybody? Alternatives? TIA

• You mean Positive Grid Spark? The auxiliary is a mini jack and it won’t keep up at band practice. I’ve used mine as an amp replacement with a couple of pedals at rehearsal for a certain project a couple of times, but I wouldn’t be comfortable doing it long term.

• You mean Positive Grid Spark? The auxiliary is a mini jack and it won’t keep up at band practice. I’ve used mine as an amp replacement with a couple of pedals at rehearsal for a certain project a couple of times, but I wouldn’t be comfortable doing it long term.

Yes the Positive Grid. I only play at home so the sound quality is my concern. I essentially want to make a small combo.

• Hi, Deerhunter.

I have a Positive Grid Spark. If you scan through their community, you'll read lots of observations that the unit is bass-heavy. I hear it too. I prefer to run my Profiler through my Yamaha THRII 30 Wireless. It's not quite as loud, but much better balanced. But the Yamaha has plenty of features you won't use because you have a Profiler.

Anyway, I have, but would never use the Positive Grid Spark to amplify my Profiler.