updating analogboard firmware

• Hi,

I just bought a Kemper and it was new in the box. After powering it up, the screen reads "updating analogboard firmware" and cycles through a progress bar and "boot in progress. please be patient."

Is there a certain amount of time I should wait for this to finish? Or any ideas to work around this issue?

Thanks!

-Adam

• Thank you so much for the response!

The first thing I did was contact support but due to time zones between California and Germany I don't imagine I'll hear back for a while.

I've been reading through multiple threads and have found a few pieces of information.

1.) updating firmware via booting with both Page <> buttons pressed at reboot

2.) Possible hardware being loose, so maybe loose cable connections or internal boards needing to be reseated.

My results so far:

I tried installing various firmware versions multiple times without any luck. I opened up the unit to make sure nothing looked loose and double checked some of the ribbon connections. All connections looked good so I don't think this did anything.

After many attempts of installing various firmware versions, 7.1.5.15526 finally stuck and started working! I thought I would be in the clear and tried updating to 7.3.2. That put me right back to the looped screen. I went back through the process of reinstalling the previous working version and after multiple times got it up and running!

I would love to get the latest firmware going on this. Happy I know of a solid firmware version that seems to take.

It took a few install tries for it to go through.

I'll update this in the future if I get the other firmware versions updated and hope others will find it useful.

• New Update with some promising results:

After getting up and running with 7.1.5.15526, I decided to test it with Rig Manager, even though it required the latest firmware.

I turned on the Kemper, plugged in the USB cable to my computer, then opened up the Rig Manager software. Rig Manager recognized it was connected and reported that 2 firmware updates were required. I agreed to the updates, it downloaded the one required and installed. It was nice seeing a progress percentage on the Kemper screen for the firmware screen! After it completed, I closed the Rig Manager software, rebooted the Kemper, and reopened Rig Manager. It asked for to install the latest updated, I agreed and it installed without an issue.

I have since restarted it a few times, including disconnecting power, without a problem.

Here's a more concise list for anyone that might run into this problem in the future:

1.) Try multiple firmware versions via USB stick(multiple times for each) until one works

2.)Power the Kemper on

3.)Plug USB into computer

4.)Open Rig Manager

5.) Accept updates. After it downloads, agree to install

6.)Repeat steps 2-5 until on latest firmware

Fingers crossed it holds up!

• I spoke too soon...

After unplugging and disconnecting the USB cable, I'm back in the looped "updating analogboard firmware" screen this morning.

I've been in contact with support and looks like I'll have to send it in. Excited to get it serviced and running properly!

• Thanks BayouTexan!

Luckily support has been fairly quick to respond and having it covered under warranty at no cost to me is great. Hopefully it is a hardware issue and they know the failure point and exact part to replace , preventing future issues.

Buying a new guitar at the same time helps with my patience. ;)

• Hi everyone I get a trouble with my Kemper rack I been a rehearsal when the Kemper shutting down and appear the announcement in the screen UPDATING ANALOGBOARD FIRMWARE...BOOT IN PROGRESS... PLEASE BE PATIENT.

Someone know what happened

Regards

• Contact the Kemper support team. They are very kindly and helpful