made a profile - no cab

• hi!

pretty new to this whole thing, just got a kemper rack like two weeks ago.

i tried to profile an old deluxe reverb (just to try it) and for whatever reason, the profile is now without a cab. i didnt select the "no cabinet" option sooo why is the cab block empty?

amp was set completey clean, very low volume, lots of treble, a bit of bass, no reverb, no vibrato.

chain was the following: deluxe reverb into neumann tlm 102 into art pro channel ii into profiler.

did i do something wrong or is it just that its too clean or something?

thanks!

• it was like that directly after the profiling process finished, before any saving. i didnt do any special things, i just followed the profiling assistant :/

• The PROFILER deactivates the cabinet module automatically, if it detects no guitar speaker, and puts the whole PROFILE into the amplifier module. This happens if you create a Direct Amp PROFILE without a guitar cabinet in the signal chain. It can also happen, if your cabinet is very linear e.g. if you create a PROFILE of a bass amplifier with a bass cabinet which is linear - more like a PA cabinet. I guess, it is a combination of your clean tone, the speaker plus the linear condenser microphone. However, the PROFILE is captured anyhow.

• aaahh okay, as i thought. are there any tricks to capture the cabinet somehow? because with any distortion pedals in front it now sounds horrible. i added a cab from another profile, but that feels like cheating :S

• Had you compared the captured PROFILE against the Reference Amp after PROFILING? Both the virtual (Kemper Amp) and the real (Reference Amp) signal chain should sound the same. Both include the Neumann mike by the way - one virtually, one physically.

If the PROFILE is authentical and sounds horrible with a distortion pedal, the original should sound horrible with that distortion pedal as well.

• profile and amp sounded almost perfectly alike.

guess ill try the original one with the distortion as well :)

thanks for the tips!