installing a backup question

• I have a Kemper and am now getting a Kemper Stage. I want to put my entire Kemper backup (all performances, rigs, system settings, presets, etc.) from my Kemper on the Kemper Stage so that they are identical. My question is: will my backup file copy over the same version of the operating system I am using to my Kemper Stage? Or do I need to update that separately? I ask because I am not using the current release and do not want to update until after my first shows this weekend post-covid, but want to be able to use the Stage live. If installing my backup file copies over the operating system file then awesome! If not, I guess I'll have to do that separately.

Thanks!

• I was able to install my backup from my Toaster, into my Stage, without an issue

I think they fixed it, but I did have to reset the MIDI output on the Stage , because the Stage doesn’t have a MIDI through

I used a USB stick

• The OS is not included in backups. Otherwise you could never use backups across software revisions. Just data and settings are included. Backups are always upward compatible. As written in the Main Manual you can share backups between Stage and other models and this worked since day one. You just need to be aware, that the hardware architecture differes in a few areas, which requires a few decisions:

The Stage has no MIDI THRU.

Its MONITOR OUT is stereo by design, while it is optionally stereo at other models.

The Stage supports two effect loops.

Its PEDAL sockets 1-4 don't match the PEDAL sockets of other models 1+2 plus Remote 3-6.

If you are using these features you might need to take a few decisions and adjust those settings, because these cannot be migrated automatically.