Rig manager in browse or performance mode.

• Pardon me if this is in the manual but When working with performances in rig manager is it suggested the profiler be set on performances, browser or either/or?

It seems to work either way, but both I have found to be somewhat unreliable mainly in the sync department. it would be nice to have the editor show a clear and reliable indicator that this is not saved in the KPA or this IS saved in the KPA. or saved in the editor but not saved in the KPA etc. It looks like red and green lights may indicate this but unreliably. Perhaps I need to read the latest addendum? I'll do that now.

• Latest RM (I'm on beta channel, don't know if it is released as stable already) solved issue with performance management being unrelible - it now works as advertised. I'm always switching to perf mode when managing performances because I typically want to try them out immediately, switch between slots to level volume, etc. Don't know of it is necessary to be in Perf mode to avoid issues but sure it is more practical.

• Unfortunately, the RM manual is a bit outdated now!

Don't you think something this important (that you believe makes a key element to stability) should at the very least invite a mention somewhere old manual excuse or not?

The idea that it is not, is what makes me wonder if the software was intended to have you switch, (browser/performance) or if users have just found that it may work better that way haphazardly.

I can write & publish manual addendums in one day and I do at my job regularly, It's not that big of a deal if you know what you're writing. I'd love to have that job at Kemper!

• The manual also simply says that you can create a new performance by right clicking > create new performance > start editing. However, it omits the very import fact that you need to double click the newly created (and highlighted) performance to load it into the edit buffer before actually editing. Failing to double click appears to be one of the main causes of erratic behaviour in creating and managing performances. Given the number of problems users seem to h ave with RM and performances, I would agree that greater step by step clarity is needed in the manual.

Unfortunately there would still be a very large number that don’t bother reading the manual anyway so the maybe support feel the time is better spent just responding to user issues on a one to one basis than updating the manual ?

• Don't you think something this important (that you believe makes a key element to stability) should at the very least invite a mention somewhere old manual excuse or not?

The idea that it is not, is what makes me wonder if the software was intended to have you switch, (browser/performance) or if users have just found that it may work better that way haphazardly.

I can write & publish manual addendums in one day and I do at my job regularly, It's not that big of a deal if you know what you're writing. I'd love to have that job at Kemper!

I fully agree. My comment was just my observation, that RM Manual desperatly needs an update. On top of what we discuss right now for example the whole editor explanation is missing etc...

• What part of the editor is missing? Are you looking in the Profiler manual or the dedicated Rig Manager manual?

I am talking only about RIG MANAGER MANUAL (Main Manual & Addendum is perfectly ok). Important info about creating & editing performances is missing ... there is nothing about Rig Manager Editor .... etc. The last revision date is selfexplanatory - February 27, 2020 4.42 pm. In the official download page there is even older version, it is called Public Beta Manual, dated December 5, 2019 12:00 pm.

• I always used the Browse mode to test and change profiles if have found (or bought) to see if I would use them as performance rig. If I am satisfied to use it in a performance, I open another window, switch to Performance mode, select a free performance number(must be now active), select performance slot #1 in that, than do a copy & paste into that slot. Now immediately save it. Then I can optimize the performance, copy it into another slot, change effects etc. Save it again.

• I always used the Browse mode to test and change profiles if have found (or bought) to see if I would use them as performance rig. If I am satisfied to use it in a performance, I open another window, switch to Performance mode, select a free performance number(must be now active), select performance slot #1 in that, than do a copy & paste into that slot. Now immediately save it. Then I can optimize the performance, copy it into another slot, change effects etc. Save it again.

Opening other windows is where things can get skewed for me. I like to have the performance open and open another window with my local and computer rigs and load from there. Sometimes it doesn't communicate predictably.

I notice the performance will (I believe) turn red when edited and green when synced but I don't know if that means synced in the editor, in the KPA or to the KPA and saved there. Sometimes it won't turn green even if I save. I might go to another performance and go back and sometimes it picks up then. Then I am not sure if the performance is just loaded or saved. Next time I have problems, I'll try to keep a log of what I was doing because it's not always the same scenario.

I can make it work, it's not like it's unusable, and I wouldn't want to do without it, I just wish it was a little clearer what is saved where or not and have accurate indication of that reliably. Of course it's entirely possible it's my methods and I'm missing something.

• don't know if that means synced in the editor, in the KPA or to the KPA and saved there

note: "in the editor" just means: the editor noticed a changed(but that's not really true: in Performance mode, the selected performance always shows red, although not edited/changed).
    "in KPA" or "to the KPA" is the same thing. Saving in performance mode always saves the rig on to the KPA. Where else?

Your other cited oddities of the editor I am not aware of.