Microphonic pickups and squealing with profiler

• Have you found a solution? I too get too much unwanted squealing. Especially bad when i boost for solos. I have to be on my volume knob. We have next to zero stage volume. I do not play with high gain just your basic rock tones. I use IEM’s and a 1x12 with a Kemper Kone barely on but it even happens when that’s off. FOH is always in front of us usually hanging. And some front fills. I’d love to get some controlled feedback but that is out of the question. It’s puzzling. My sounds are solid and I cut the highs at about 8-9 k I forget.

• I always have an EQ as the first stomp on the Kemper. Set the HIGH CUT to around 4k. Then place a noise gate after in slot 2.

This reduces incoming noise BEFORE the gate.

May also help knock out high freq feedback as you can use a much more aggressive cut frequency than you would after the AMP section.

You may be able to go as low as 2.5k without killing your tone too much. Usually around 3.8k - 4k will keep the tone you normally get. I usually try pinch harmonics on the high E string to make sure my solos do not get cut too much.