Experinces with poweramp durablity & longevity.

• Can't imagine 500 watts unless I was a 2 kilometers away. Here's 200 watts for a few seconds... ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That's what I was asking to hear about! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think in reality what everyone is saying is there is a lot of headroom anyway with the amp and so far its shown to be pretty reliable.

Personally I would suggest its way more reliable than a valve amp for the obvious reasons.

I believe its an ICE amp ( some people on here will know the model its based on) and I assume ICE will have some durability specs...

• I've been at concerts ran by 400,000 watts. and I know how loud 200 watts can be. As I have wrote many times I was looking for actual testimony about the amp's durability and longevity using all the power it has to offer.

• I looked for them and couldn't find any. I don't know if the one in the Kemper is a "stock" model or made for the Kemper.

Not sure, I think its a slight different version than the stock one going purely from memory on tghis forum as people starting looking into this prior to the powered Kabinet.

You might struggle to get much more than " I've run it for a few hard, no issues" as its almost a bench test your after and most manufacturers won;t publish those..

Anyway, lets see if anyone else has info :)

• I believe its an ICE amp ( some people on here will know the model its based on) and I assume ICE will have some durability specs...

Yes, and he even knows the exact model (as can be seen in post #8). And it takes a few seconds to find the spec sheet. He asks questions but doesn't believe the answers he gets. So let's just have him find, read and understand on his own, sigh.

• Woah, you can tell how loud that is! I was impressed he didn't get much feedback although I guess he's outside....imagine that inside!!

I tried to go over 6 watts in my studio until I got ear ringing. BTW, He was wearing ear plugs in that video. I though that vid was the best example of how loud the Kemper can be with just a 1x12.

• Yes, and he even knows the exact model (as can be seen in post #8). And it takes a few seconds to find the spec sheet. He asks questions but doesn't believe the answers he gets. So let's just have him find, read and understand on his own, sigh.

I don't know anything about your credibility, just that you seem angry. And I don't "know" what model the amp is, it was just what I read. Just like I read the amp is 600 watts so I would expect it to run 600 watts. What answers do you think I don't believe? My question has never really been answered to disbelieve anything. Have you tried to run the amp @600watts? If not, the question is not for you.

• I know what brand and model it is, and I basically just confirmed your information to you.

Do you believe it? No!

Understand now why I say you do not believe the answers to your questions?

Same goes for the info I gave you about continuous max power draw without thermal shutdown. You just don't believe it and seem to even refuse to look it up on your own, even though I just had told you it's in the power amp's tech specs.

• And 630W @ 10% THD+N

Thanks, I saw that reading the proper document. I think the 600W advertisement is a bit misleading then. If I advertised a sports car had 600 horsepower but at 200 horsepower it would shut down, people might get a bit miffed. And if I never mentioned the car would only produce 600 HP for 5 seconds..... And yes I know it is apples and oranges and peak power etc. but just saying..

• Wonder why the meter goes up to 600 watts when over 180 will shut it down? The meter doesn't seem to respond to peaks, it appears to sum the reading, I always assumed that was basically a continuous reading. Personally, I've never used mine over 100 watts on the meter (50W) and it was making pictures turn and knick knacks fall. I would never be allowed to play that loud onstage without a total revolt.

• Thanks, I saw that reading the proper document. I think the 600W advertisement is a bit misleading then. If I advertised a sports car had 600 horsepower but at 200 horsepower it would shut down, people might get a bit miffed. And if I never mentioned the car would only produce 600 HP for 5 seconds..... And yes I know it is apples and oranges and peak power etc. but just saying..

Talking about apples and oranges and to bring back some humor ..

Ask someone who owns a dragster how long he can run his tuned big block motor at max power before it blows up. And he will still happily advertise the 2000bhp the beast is capable of. :D

The good thing of the Profiler's power amp is that it only shuts down and will run again after it has cooled down enough.

• Talking about apples and oranges and to bring back some humor ..

Ask someone who owns a dragster how long he can run his tuned big block motor at max power before it blows up. And he will still happily advertise the 2000bhp the beast is capable of. :D

The good thing of the Profiler's power amp is that it only shuts down and will run again after it has cooled down enough.

You have to detune that dragster to drop C (900hp) so the tires don't smoke up the track. Otherwise, you go no where fast. Kind of like smoking he power amp. :P^^ I always go full 2000hp for standard tunings. Maybe I drop a D here and there.

• You have to detune that dragster to drop C (900hp) so the tires don't smoke up the track. Otherwise, you go no where fast. Kind of like smoking he power amp. :P^^ I always go full 2000hp for standard tunings. Maybe I drop a D here and there.

Talking about apples and oranges and to bring back some humor ..

:rolleyes: Let's go back to arguing over the power amp output:P JK

• I can tell you that its been completely reliable for me.

But I would also say that in the bigger venues I tend to play, everything is either mic'ed or more often going directly into the splitters (to monitor and FOH mixers) from devices like Kempers and synths etc.

and everyone is on in-ear monitors plus perhaps stage side fills.

so, in truth, there's never any "competition" for volume to be heard, it's being mixed, for both the band and the audience, and I rarely turn my powered rack up beyond 2.