Unwanted distortion from effects in stomp slots

• Hi there,

I am using a very clean profile which has no distortion at all. If i put for example a wah in stomp A I get a lot of distortion. If I put the wah in a post stack slot everything is fine but often times i want to use the wah pre stack, expecially with slightly driven sounds, so this is not the solution.

I tried to lower the output volume of the wah, but that only reduced the overall volume, the distortion is still there. I have the same problem with some other types of effects, like the univibe preset but the distortion is not as prominent as it is with the wah. Tried different wahs too, all with the same result.

Any idea? Thx!

• I have problems with noise using the Acoustic Sim. I don't know if it is normal for that type of effect or not. All other effects including OD's are basically noise free for me.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have problems with noise using the Acoustic Sim. I don't know if it is normal for that type of effect or not. All other effects including OD's are basically noise free for me.

I did a quick test with the acoustic sim and didn't get any noise. However, changing distortion sens from 0 to -12 db improved the sound, it sounds more natural, more open.

Why distortion sens has impact on a clean profile with the acoustic sim? I dont get it...