Kemper Powerhead in stereo?

• Will the Kemper Powerhead run stereo like the unpowered?

Yes and no.

You can turn on stereo in the output menu, then you'd have left in the Monitor/Speaker output, and right in the Direct output. But only the Left/Speaker output would be powered. You'd need another amp for the Right/Direct output.

British Audio can convert it from 600w mono, to 300w per side stereo

I use a stereo amp with the unpowered toaster

• I am asking because I have read where some people prefer the sound of the unpowered head going stereo OR going into a power amp and then into a cab. I want the best tube amp in the room sound possible.

I have run my unpowered toaster into:

Old Fender PA

Yamaha DXR10

XiTone MBritt

Bose L1 MII

Then with the unpowered Kabinets through:

Camplifier 290 (2x90w stereo or 1x180w mono)

ISP Stealth Pro stereo

Seymour Duncan SD700 stereo 700w

For the Kabinets the SD700 is very nice. It has the same Icepower type amplifier that is in the powered Kemper. Impossible to run out of headroom, you'll go deaf (along with your bandmates and neighbors) first. And you'll get fired/kicked out of the band.

But...

With the new "Power amp boost" feature on the Kemper, either one of the Camplifier or the ISP will keep up with any drummer/band in a practice or gig situation for monitoring.

For hobby/bedroom any of the above is nice.

For amp in the room my fav is the Kabinet (mono or stereo) with any of the stereo amps listed above.

The audio quality between them may be subjective.

The ISP is class A/B

The Camplifier 290 and SD700 are class D

Can I hear a difference? Nope, but maybe others can.

Advantage of the Camplifier is that it integrates into the Toaster. Others are outboard.

Had it been available at the time I may have just gotten the Camplifier SHP. It would be more than enough with the Power amp boost feature, not that the 290 doesn't work for me. Last two practices it was all I needed.:)