I deleted all rigs in MyProfiler ( under All Rigs )

• Well you wrote it - you have deleted all rigs from "MyProfiler". If it was on purpose than it is ok. You can delete/copy rigs how you wish, it is up to you. You only need to have source (your local library, Rig Exchange, factory content in RM... etc.) to be able to copy rigs back. Sorry if I didn't get your point.

• Well, I'm A/Bing my unpowered with the powered and tge unpowered sounds more real and less digital. Same settings!

I was thinking I may have done something wrong, but perhaps the unpowered head sound better.

All Profiler models sound exactly the same. If you experience differences it is either due to your settings or the way you monitor your sound (different power amp etc). You can restore the same backup on both units and send the same DI track to both units for reamping with the same rig to confirm that they sound the same.

• I'm running both side by side. Same exact settings.

I'm using monitor out ( left ) on both units going into my Apollo Twin.

The unpowered version sound smore natural, warm and fun to play.

The powerhead is more digital sounding, colder...

Not by a huge difference, but enough to make me enjoy playing more on the unpowered version.

My Wife and Daughter hear the exact same thing I'm describing.

• Something in your setup somewhere is different.

These devices do not change their sound based on the wind!

• In fact, I will go as far to say that if my initial impression of the Kemper was the sound I'm getting out of the Powerhead at this time, I wouldn't own a Kemper. All of my other gear is vintage guitars and amps, I'm very picky. The sound out of the unpowered was good enough for me to start using the Kemper. The powerhead does not give me the same experience. I think the power section detracts from the tone.

• Something in your setup somewhere is different.

These devices do not change their sound based on the wind!

If it is, I hope I can find the difference in setup, because I would rather keep the powerhead for versatility.

But, it's not far fetched to assume the power section having an influence of the overall sound it produces.

I can certainly hear and feel it between the two at this point. Same exact settings as far as I can tell!

• Have you tried switching off the power amp in the Profiler to see if it makes a difference?

The only influence the power amp has on the signal that comes out of the monitor output is the power amp boost which will also increase the level of the monitor output signal. Switch the power amp boost off and try what I suggested (restoring the same backup on both and do some proper reamping) and I am sure you will find they both sound the same.

• If it is, I hope I can find the difference in setup, because I would rather keep the powerhead for versatility.

But, it's not far fetched to assume the power section having an influence of the overall sound it produces.

I can certainly hear and feel it between the two at this point. Same exact settings as far as I can tell!

Try using the main outs into your Apollo on each unit, rather than the monitor outs???

For this kind of "monitor through speakers via an audio interfacee" scenario, the monitor out shouldn't really be used in either case IMO. The monitor out is for on-stage use, whether using an active monitor with an unpowered unit, or using a guitar cab with a powered unit.

• Have you tried switching off the power amp in the Profiler to see if it makes a difference?

The only influence the power amp has on the signal that comes out of the monitor output is the power amp boost which will also increase the level of the monitor output signal. Switch the power amp boost off and try what I suggested (restoring the same backup on both and do some proper reamping) and I am sure you will find they both sound the same.

Good idea. How do I turn off the power section?

• Try using the main outs into your Apollo on each unit, rather than the monitor outs???

For this kind of "monitor through speakers via an audio interfacee" scenario, the monitor out shouldn't really be used in either case IMO. The monitor out is for on-stage use, whether using an active monitor with an unpowered unit, or using a guitar cab with a powered unit.

Sorry, I meant "main outs". This is what I'm using.