How to edit slot names in performances?

• Is it possible to change the name of the selected slot in a performance.

If two slots in a performance are two versions which originated from the same rig, then they will have the same name. But i want to name them differently, if possible.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Edited once, last by Kim_Olesen ().

• You can do it either directly in Profiler (see Main Manual 8.2, Performance Mode, pages 284, 285 ) or in Rig Manager (just click the name and edit it and don't forgett to save it).

• You can do it in RM as stated above, orbs

On the unit - have the slot active. Press soft button 1 (edit), then 4 (Slot Settings), 4 again (now says rename slot).

Soft knobs 1 for upper/lower case, #4 for character select. Store to save.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Something to be aware of when doing this. If you leave the name field as default it will automatically change each time you load a different rig in that slot as the default name is Rig Name. Once you change the name to something else the slot name will remain as named by you until you change it again. This is probably exactly what you want but it confuses some people sometimes as they can’t understand why the slot still shows an old name even after loading a new rig. They then start posts about bugs with performance mode names not updating when it is actually normal behaviour. If you ever want to have the slot return to default behaviour there is an option to do so either on the the KPA or RM though.

• I think this is a good thread to post my question:

I'm renaming a slot in a performance to just be "CLEAN" and not "R50 CLEAN" which is the name of the rig I'm using.

I rename it and it stays there until I change to another performance. When I get back to the previous performance, it shows "R50 CLEAN" again.

I changed the performance to a different performance number and the renaming process works as expected when changing performances, but in #10 doesn't work, even if I overwrite the performance with the same one copied from another #.

Any help would be amazing ?

• P.S: New incredible behaviour: It changes the name when changing from #11 to #10, BUT if you change from #9 to #10 it automatically shows the right name! ? This Kemper Stage is the best piece of equipment I ever had by far, but damnit, there are several bugs that -in my little experience programming apps and user interfaces- shoulnd't be happening...