Metronome Possible?

• Well, if you practice in a band and the drummer is sick, it takes awful lot of trouble to make simple metronome loud enough to be able to hear it. Unless you want to play unplugged. It happend to me last thursday, we needed to find mixer, poweramp and strange cables to make it work. So yeah, it's useful.

• I think having a metronome in the KPA would be fantastic. Of course it would need a volume control and assignable output option.

The KPA today is giving all guitarists the opportunity to have the very best sounds possible so why not try and get guitarists to be better with an essential practice tool for keeping time. In fact in a band rehearsal environment the entire band could benefit by having a readily available metronome that the guitarist can pump thru his rig and/or rehearsal PA.

• I see nothing but benefit having an internal metronome. Why not? Are we running out of room? Those wanting to haul around / insert / apply an external click can always do so. All-in-one capacity is much appreciated; in this case, especially when practicing alone with headphones.

• Hello again Christoph - You know I don't often post but I'm perusing the board in the background all the time.

Having said that I thought it was again time for me to request this important and highly valuable tool.

I'd be grateful if you could advise will this feature ever be included or not? If not, all good but at least we'll know and we can stop
    the ongoing requests for it.

• I see nothing but benefit having an internal metronome. Why not? Are we running out of room? Those wanting to haul around / insert / apply an external click can always do so. All-in-one capacity is much appreciated; in this case, especially when practicing alone with headphones.

Not specifically in regards to a metronome, but as someone who works as a developer for his day job I can tell you that everything you say "yes" to including has a cost. And when I say it has a cost I mean beyond the obvious one for the man hours that go into making even something as seemingly simple as a metronome.

I don't mean to pick on you exactly, I just see a lot of posts in the feature request section that write in the same way, as if there's no cost to including their feature. There is, even if it doesn't seem obvious to you! :)

A few examples, off the top of my head:

* Expanding the user interface to include controls for the feature, possibly complicating life for users not interested in that feature
    * Supporting the feature after it has been developed (bug fixes, having to support a larger code base going forward, with more possibility for error and more code to rewrite when improving code)
    * Stability. Even a metronome on the Kemper probably needs extensive testing, this device has to be rock solid always, no exceptions

Saying "no" in software development is super hard. We always want to give our clients and users everything they ask for! But it is also one of the most important things.

• i am absolutely with you :)
    i am afraight of the discussions about the sound of the metronome.

The aux in feature should solve the problem for quite a time :)

however, it is a valid feature request.

• + 1 for a simple metronome. Regarding the sound: Just don’t make it annoying :D.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...