Metronome Possible?

• I got here because I was Googling "Kemper Profiler metronome." It would be a super-helpful feature for folks who don't have easy access to a computer near their Kemper, and/or don't want to have to hook something else up just to practice.

• Here is my use case for a metronome : i am a hobbyist, playing electric guitar exclusively at home in my bedroom through headphones. I'm using the Kemper mostly to practice guitar, and a metronome is one of the base tools for guitare practice.
    Could i use an external metronome ? Yes, like i could use an external tuner, external effects, external OD.... But if one use the Kemper as a self contained do it all guitar tool, like it is becoming for most of us, the metronome is useful. Is it a must, a deal braker for the decision to buy a Kemper ? Certainly not, but that would be good to have.

How could it be done ?
    I see two ways to implement such feature
    - Minimalistic way would be to just add a "play tic" on the next line of the code that is lightning the tap tempo led ;) with just an option in the rig menu on page 2 (tempo page), right to "tempo enable" like "click enable". Done (i know it's a bit harder than that).
    - Hard way : a true full featured metronome that could be implemented like a stomp loadable in the stomp or effects slots. Hence you are not modifying the interface for those people that are not interested by the metronome, and you can do a separate menu with a few pages of settings.

Thank you for reading.

• Challenge is that (probably due to real time issues) the tap tempo LED is not in time. A metronome could have the same issue unless recoded.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Why do we need a metronome? I tell you why!
    I loved to loop some of my song ideas with my (15 years old) Boss Loop Station. You simply have the option to adjust a tempo and the metronome starts exact at the time you push the record button. Also it quantized the recorded loop, so it has EXACTLY n beats.
    You don't have to worry about synchronising an extern click, either on stopping the record at the exact time.

The Kemper looping function is (in my eyes) totaly useless. Or at least non practical. It's hard to keep the tempo over several beats and it's even harder to start and stop the record on point. This is very annoying, if you where able to record without any mistakes and the loop is useless, because you missed the right instant of time.

As a software engineer, I can say that it can't be that hard, to implement such easy functionality into such a powerful tool like the KPA. Especially, when there are 20 years old looper with twice as much functions!

On the other hand, the reverse and the half-speed functions are needles. I've never used them nor have seen someone using it.

So in the end:

+1 for metronome in the looper!

• I agree. You can use the half speed to get twice the loop time though. Very handy.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I vote no, we have better things to be working on, like the new drives and delays. Get a free metronome app on your phone.

I think you (and a lot of other "no" voters) still get not the point: a metronome app on my phone will not fix the looper-problem!
    The drives and delays are quite good. If you're satisfied with them, then why did you buyed a KPA? This is one of the main functions of a KPA.

• I think you (and a lot of other "no" voters) still get not the point: a metronome app on my phone will not fix the looper-problem!The drives and delays are quite good. If you're satisfied with them, then why did you buyed a KPA? This is one of the main functions of a KPA.

Well, the drives do need work, but I take your point. The delays are great though, I don't understand complaining about them. ?(?(?(

Almost all software companies use a tiered ticketing system, I have never understood the argument "we have better things to be working on". It can be both.

GUI changes should not really be discussed in the same sense as more complex issues (like addressing the anemic drives). I wouldn't call a metronome a GUI change, but it's a fairly simple feature, and it's hard for me to imagine that Kemper has only one dev team, and that they can only tackle one item at a time...that just doesn't make any sense as a business model.

I'm not bitching at all here, the KPA was well worth what I paid, and anything that gets added is gravy, Kemper owes me nothing. But let's be realistic about upgrades. The idea that adding a needle tuner, or even a metronome, would actually take time away from the team that is rebuilding the drives...that's a very small, old-school, business model. But maybe Kemper is very small, resource-drained, and I'm just talking out of my ass anyway. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.