Metronome Possible?

• I think that is a sensible outlook and I pretty much agree.

I would say that if the Kemper had a metronome I would use LOADS. I practice a lot with a metronome but I use the KPA as the command center for everything guitar related so if I can just use the KPA in a self contained manner without needing to load up a project in my DAW or mess around with the metronome on a phone app or my Roland keyboard that would be a nice feature to have. It would be even better if I could link it to an expression pedal and increase the speed with the pedal. However, am I going to lose any sleep if it istn't can't be done? Nope! If there is a hardware restriction would I want a new device to get this Nope? Would I like other things as a higher priority like a complete overhaul of Rig Manager? Yep.

• you could use the RETURN or ALTERNATIVE inputs as auxiliary inputs

"Auxiliary Input

The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as an mp3-player, into your PROFILER to play along with it. In the Output Section, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with three mix controls: one to feed the aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well as S/PDIF OUTPUT, and two others to feed it to the MONITOR OUTPUT and HEADPHONE output. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE output, while the MAIN OUTPUTS stay unaffected. With the activation of “Monitor Stereo” MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT get paired as one logical stereo monitor output. The Aux In signal will also appear on both and its mix gets controlled via “Aux In >Monitor”. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by any internal effects.

You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks. Plug the left jack into the RETURN and the right jack into the ALTERNATIVE INPUT. Use the "Aux In >…" soft knobs to adjust the level.

While you have an Effect Loop active in your Rig, or you are in PROFILER Mode, the Auxiliary Input cannot be used, since the physical inputs are needed for a different purpose.

✓ To prevent unwanted hum and noise, please remember to turn down the Auxiliary Input volume when you are not using it."

• DonPetersen of course using the Aux In works but it is more hassle than strictly necessary and involves using out oard gear of some sort (even of its just a phone app). The KPA already has clock built in for dealy times at and computes BPM so it would be a really nice and presumably simple addition to add a metronome internally.

• Wouldn't mind a metronome for looping purposes. It already sounds a bit odd, depending wether its pre or post the volume of the loop either jumps sky high or sags down like it got hit with a compressor. Footswitch tap tempo, might make it a bit more attractive.

• -1 i don't like this idea , my marshall has no click and my mesa also.

i'm still waiting when the next user argument's ... this Kemper is to complex to work with. too much options.

The day when you play in front of the thousands and Kemper starts klicking because you hit the wrong button. ... :)

Be the force with you ;)

• -1 i don't like this idea , my marshall has no click and my mesa also.

i'm still waiting when the next user argument's ... this Kemper is to complex to work with. too much options.

The day when you play in front of the thousands and Kemper starts klicking because you hit the wrong button. ... :)

No comparison as your Marshall & Mesa have tubes and no LCD screen.8o8o8o8o

We NEED a metronome and as someone above said, the KPA has timing ability already with BPM etc etc.. so on face value all that's required is an audio output attached to the internal clock with a few user adjustable filters added.

Bad timing is the number one problem individuals and bands suffer and always have.

A metronome is a 100% positive to all.

• Here´s another take on the "problem" with "bad timing" ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Here´s another take on the "problem" with "bad timing" ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I get what you're saying however, when a musician can play accurate timing they THEN have the ability to move the beat anywhere before and after the absolute and keep time to suit the feel they're after. (tight, sloppy, abstract, tension, dragging etc etc ...)

The fact is this ability, at call, is what all the greats have and what separates them from the rest of us. (Jimmy Page is a master of this)

Again, a metronome is 'needed' by everyone and not just wanted by a few.

• It's not about what you need, it's about what the Kemper is.
    I didn't see this on any of the competitors products.

Hey KPA has a USB slot why we can't use MP3 files for backing Tracks?

Be the force with you ;)

• It's not about what you need, it's about what the Kemper is.
    I didn't see this on any of the competitors products.

Hey KPA has a USB slot why we can't use MP3 files for backing Tracks?

No one else has a Profiler. Why invent one? See my point?

With the transition to digital technology there‘s a whole lot of things which can be added by software which give value to the user. For example a metronome(-stomp).

This is the big advantage. I personally do not use some stomps (e.g. whammy, transpose, most delays, ...) but I am glad that they are available when I need them.

The KPA is a flexible tool and a metronome is crucial for practising timing and rhythm.

• No one else has a Profiler. Why invent one? See my point?

With the transition to digital technology there‘s a whole lot of things which can be added by software which give value to the user. For example a metronome(-stomp).

This is the big advantage. I personally do not use some stomps (e.g. whammy, transpose, most delays, ...) but I am glad that they are available when I need them.

The KPA is a flexible tool and a metronome is crucial for practising timing and rhythm.

Your point of view is very like a hobbyist. Do you use your Profiler in a professional way?

Put as many functionality in the KPA as possible ... and then complain about system stability and performance.
    Each hardware has an amount of limited resources and each product is designed for a specific target group of users.

A metronome cost less then 100 Bugs, buy one and use it if needed.
    I bought my Kemper as Live Performance and Studio Amp-Replacement and definitely not as training device.
    I'm always using click tracks with in ear monitoring live and in studio, and if I need a Metronom Click i can always Mix in a Metronom or a Drumloop from the DAW or anything else.

Happy new year :)

Be the force with you ;)

• There are many metronome apps available on your phone or tablet. When Kemper are still sorting out the editor and other features are already slated, it seems a bit pointless really.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• You guys are missing the point entirely and it's a concern.

I'm a professional and have been for more than 30 years, I also have outboard gear such as an Eventide H8000 & H9000 along with Lexicon racks etc. I could very easily hook these up to the KPA as some have suggested like Metronomes and apps etc ...

The request is to make the KPA a stand alone fully integrated musician's 'tool'. This means the one KPA does as much as it can to assist the musician.

The KPA is not a stand alone amp and it's not a stand alone effects rack, it's an integrated musician's tool. This is the world today.

A metronome is a far more deeper training tool than drum loops etc, professionals use metronomes and not drum loops.
    Formal music training/learning is always done with a metronome and again, not a drum loop.

If you don't want it, stay out of the tread and leave our request for CK to determine its validity.

In fact, do us all a GREAT favour and delete your posts as not to pollute our request. I don't come into your threads and denounce your requests.

• There's a great deal of selfishness in this thread. If you don't want a metronome, simply don't use it if it appears in a future firmware! There's many features of the Kemper I'll never get around to using. NEVER! But, I'm not mad at the bloke who will get some use out of those features.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach