Metronome Possible?

• Those using it in a live show might be a bit nervous about the idea a metronome could appear on the outputs.

It has probably been mentioned that most people have a phone and metronomes are free.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Those using it in a live show might be a bit nervous about the idea a metronome could appear on the outputs.

It has probably been mentioned that most people have a phone and metronomes are free.

And most have already got physical overdrives, fuzzes and wahs etc.. but they're in the KPA today. A fully integrated solution is the KPA so a metronome is a musician's best AND needed teacher/friend.

Live outputs? Well, if you can handle/program the rest of the KPA for live use you SHOULD be able to certainly ensure it WON'T appear at the outputs. Wouldn't you agree.

• Live outputs? Well, if you can handle/program the rest of the KPA for live use you SHOULD be able to certainly ensure it WON'T appear at the outputs. Wouldn't you agree.

In theory yes but in practice often not. I have been on numerous gigs where the keyboard player has accidentally started a sequenced drum part or metronome before, during or after a song. Best not have the risk in my opinion.

Those using it in a live show might be a bit nervous about the idea of the sound disappearing when engaging the tuner by mistake.

It has probably been mentioned that most people have a phone and tuners are free.

• In theory yes but in practice often not. I have been on numerous gigs where the keyboard player has accidentally started a sequenced drum part or metronome before, during or after a song. Best not have the risk in my opinion.

My opinion is I don't agree with you at all.

The implementation could have a master off switch or a master mute switch. Can't be any more simple than that.

BTW: Your keyboard guy's gear has a metronome and we don't....................just amazing! (I'm fully aware of this as I too have keys with 'onboard' sequencers and metronomes of course)

Based on your current position, about a metronome, you see the KPA as a live only tool and not a practice tool. I see the KPA as a home/rehearsal/practice/live tool. It has an onboard tuner that most want and use and you can buy them anywhere on the planet if wanted yet, the KPA has one onboard. Any schooled/experienced musician will say timing is everything so with that in mind it makes 100% logical sense to have an onboard metronome. Again, keyboard players have had onboard metronomes since the 70s. That must tell you something why they're the generally the better musician than a guitarist.

• Those using it in a live show might be a bit nervous about the idea of the sound disappearing when engaging the tuner by mistake.

It has probably been mentioned that most people have a phone and tuners are free.

AND, you can also use your phone as a digital sim amp with effects AND tuner but WE don't do we, we use a KPA.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !

Cheers to you too.

The metronome still provides so many counts per duration of piece/song and how you play over/around that is your preference. Having said that, the timing counts must be learnt & known to a player in order to work 'within & around' that timing still keeping it as musical/fluid within the context of the piece/song. So once again, a metronome is what the tool is for all musicians, I'm sure if we/you could speak with Hendrix and the rest of them they have used a metronome and they value it.

• Listen, I'm not trying to upset anyone and it was just my opinion, so not what will necessarily happen.

Maybe the best thing would be to have an option of installing such a device during a software upgrade, if a metronome is essential. I just don't see a click being a feature expected in an amplifier and I would not want that possibility in a live show. I've seen odd things happen with our keyboard player and computers on a dark stage and the Kemper is just that, albeit a very reliable PC.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• Why? There are so many programs (free and otherwise) that handle this WAY better than an add-on.

Totally!!

i always think those multi-function pedals that offer built-in drum machines are aimed at the home/amateur market.

Whilst it is a great practice tool (and we should all use a metronome/drumbox for practice) i'd like to think of all the Kemper units as "pro" devices that focus on "pro" features. Certainly the price point of the player is aimed towards the more serious player. If you can afford a Player a few more ££ for an app or similar is not unreasonable.

I think any additional improvements or use of the available power of the player will aim to bring it more in-line with the bigger prodcuts.

And, I'd had to accidentally have a drum beat kick off in the middle of a gig due to an accidental press of buttons...

just my thoughts,

• Adding a metronome or drum machine/loop player would be so far outside Kemper’s area of expertise it’s ridiculous.

Besides, even the ‘good’ versions of those things kinda suck.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Click Track / Cue Track and Backing Tracks are part of the in-ear system. It never went to the FOH.

So wait for the moment when you press the wrong button in front of tens of thousands of people.

Be the force with you ;)

• Click Track / Cue Track and Backing Tracks are part of the in-ear system. It never went to the FOH.

So wait for the moment when you press the wrong button in front of tens of thousands of people.

For some stupid reason, its possible to send the click to FOH in Ableton. I was part of a band where it happened 90 minutes before start.

For the people using it, lack of experience with Ableton didn't help (it wasn't me).

It was only 5 songs, but we ran out of time and ended up playing without a click or tracks. For some...that sounds like a horror waiting to happen. But no one, not even the creative director in the audience who chose the songs noticed. In fact, he commented how good things sounded.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche