Anyone tried a Kone in an open back cab?

• I've often combined an open-back cab and a closed for speakers. The closed seems to have more punch and the open more.....well open. I've ordered Jay Ganz's "Straight Ahead Power Amp" and might build a small open cab for the Kone and mount the Straight Ahead in it. Seems it would be even lighter. The Straight Ahead is 5"X7" and weighs 1.5lbs. It is 500 watts of clean uncolored power class D into 4ohms. It can be mounted in an open cab with industrial strength velcro.

Edited once, last by geoffsct ().

• Hi

When you say open cab do you refer to the Kemper Kones and the little hatch you could open in the back or do you mean another cab with a big opening?

I have two Kones and run them in stereo and I prefer with the hatch open.

• By open cab I'm referring to a cab I may build with an open back. Kind of related question I guess: does power boost work only with a Kone or any speaker? I'm also considering building two cabs-- one with a Kone and another with a 15" speaker I like for steel and running them together not in stereo but one dry & one wet with fx. I used to do this with two amps and liked mixing them that way. I haven't exactly learned if or how to do that out of the Kemper (both with the same amp profile but one dry no fx). Would I be able to "power boost" both the Kone and 15" speaker equally?

Edited once, last by geoffsct ().