Kemper with Hx Effects and Remote

• I would say, yes. It's overkill.

In a studio? Maybe not so much. But live? In a band mix? Nobody will be able to hear it - including you.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• HX FX does some tricks the Kemper doesn't do just yet.

It gives you the ability to have "pedals" remain on while switching Kemper profiles.

Unlatch mode gives the option for punching in effects and EQ's easily without burning a slot in the profile.

I like using the HX FX grey flanger in unlatch mode for certain Van Halen style effects, but having delays and big reverbs and a combination of a gritty boost with some EQ and extra compression are handy tools to have for extra expression.

If you carefully compose your setlist with specific profiles and then tailor those profiles to each song, you don't really need any more than the Kemper. If you like to taste test a lot of different profiles, it's very handy having effects sets on hand (that can do much more than just locking the effects on the Kemper.)

• Unless the hx has a particular effect lacking in the KpA you can’t live with out save your money and set up time, of if you somehow need more than 8 simultaneous effects. With performance mode with ability to gradually or instantly morph settings of any combo or parameters with the toggle switch or expression pedal,… I’ve never understood the need let alone the desire to try to coordinate two multi effect units as in my opinion it complicates more than it would simplify.

• Unlatch mode sounds similar to Momentary Mode on the Remote.

Latched / Momentary

Every Effect Button on the PROFILER Remote supports an automatic latched / momentary detection: A quick press of the button will latch the assigned function - in other words, the assigned effect modules will change their on/off state permanently, until you press the button again.

However, if you hold the Effect Button for a second or more, it will automatically change to momentary operation. Momentary operation means that as soon as you release this Effect Button, it will immediately revert to the initial state. This behavior applies to on/off switching as well as to “Action & Freeze” functions.