Browser vs Perform

• I've had my Kemper for 6 or 7 years and use it for recording, if I have to do gigs I use other stuff.

I've hardly ever used the Perform mode, I choose the sound I want for the track I'm on at the moment in the browser mode, tweak, save and that's it.

Am I missing out by not using perform mode for my particular needs?

• If you don't already note which Rig is used for each track in your DAW, you could create a Performance for each set of five sounds you use in a song, and save a copy of the Performance to the same folder you use to save your DAW files for that song.

Doing that could make it much easier to redo parts when needed, and also to find a Rig when you need a similar sound for another song.

• Based on what you've said, I don't think your missing much. Performance is really around grouping profiles and effects which is of most use live.

As Paul said the grouping might be useful but no different to a folder in RM where you can save your favs ;)

• I use a pretty advanced MIDI board with semi automated switching. I don't need the bank of five feature but do always use one Performance bank per song, even if I only use one sound in a song. The only two measurable benefits I get are a) having mildly different versions of the same profile for different songs, whilst having a standardised version in Browse (maybe a different delay time for example) and b) Faster switching between sounds.

If that isn't an advantage to you, I'd say stick with Browse.

Edited 2 times, last by chu ().

• You're probably missing out on some things, but if browser alone satisfies your needs nothing else matters. I probably use 10% of Kemper's capabilities. I'll get around to maybe 50% some day but I'm lazy and I easily found my sounds on Kemper and have blissfully played the hell out of them. There may be better ones I haven't discovered yet but like I said, I'm lazy (and happy). It's all about playing for me and Kemper makes me want to play.

• Ha, I've only scratched the surface on the Kemper meself but it does what I want it to so I have no complaints.

The only problem I had was a pc crash when exiting RM but that appears to have been fixed on the latest update.