Rig Manager not updating profiler

• Hi there,

Has anyone experienced Rig Manager not updating the Kemper? When I open RM I get "Your PROFILER needs an update. Rig Manager will search for a newer software version online. This might take a couple of minutes to arrive. Profiler 8.1.0 or higher is required." RM disconnects from the profiler but noting else happens. I've never been able to get this to work regardless of which version I'm using. I've updated the profiler via USB which works fine. (The new Fuzz pedals are AMAZING!) The profiler syncs with the RM too. Just won't update.

"Thousands of users have successfully uopdated." was the only support offered from Kemper. Disappointing for such an experience piece of gear.

Anyone have any idea what I can try to get Rig Manager to update the Kemper?

Thanks!

• Have you updated Rig Manager? When mine updates it usually finds the update for the Kemper first and will update that. This last one I had to look for the Rig Manager update after it updated the OS on the Kemper because they wouldn't work together after the update. It was easy to do right in Rig Manager and they connected right up after both were updated. I am just wondering what may happen if you updated Rig Manger first. It may not see the Kemper. You may have to do the Kemper first then the Rig Manager. This is how mine does it on it's own.

• Thanks for the tip! I had the second most recent version of RM installed. Updating the profiler didn't work so I installed the latest RM. I've never been able to update the profiler from RM. Annoyingly, this has been going on for a few years.

• Thanks for the tip! I had the second most recent version of RM installed. Updating the profiler didn't work so I installed the latest RM. I've never been able to update the profiler from RM. Annoyingly, this has been going on for a few years.

Are you able to successfully check for new versions for the profiler and Rig Manager from Rig Manager?

• I know this isn’t really helpful but I can count on one hand the number of time where I have had any sort of problem updating. Everything seems to locate and sync properly first time (or occasionally second time). Are you on Windows or Mac? I’m a Mac user with Powered Toaster so maybe the issues are related to OS or Kemper model?

• I know this isn’t really helpful but I can count on one hand the number of time where I have had any sort of problem updating. Everything seems to locate and sync properly first time (or occasionally second time). Are you on Windows or Mac? I’m a Mac user with Powered Toaster so maybe the issues are related to OS or Kemper model?

I'm on a Mac. I've updated everything via USB so I'm completely to to date and everything syncs as expected.

I'm on a Mac. I've updated everything via USB so I'm completely to to date and everything syncs as expected.

Maybe this has something to do with it. I am on Windows. I have never connected my Kemper to my Mac. I use that strictly for recording, mixing and mastering.

• Did you check if your user credential in preferences > Rig Exchange test ok?

Dude! I just tried the test, which worked and then "check for software updates". For the first time ever, I got a response! "This software is up-to-date." I've never had a response before so I'm hopeful it's now working! Thank you!!!

• Posting from December of 22 here. I am getting this message, have checked that my login credentials are valid, and still nothing. Rig Manager is up to date, at least I assume it must be because "check for software updates" is totally grayed out. Someone said you have to update the Kemper before RM, but that's not possible if RM is up to date but the Kemper is not. I'm on a non-power Rack and using Windows if that helps at all. To recap the events as they happened: I logged into RM for the first time in like a year, it said both RM and the Kemper needed an update, so I hit okay. Both updated, but RM was still not controlling the Kemper. I exited RM and killed the app, opened it and the same thing. Turned the Kemper off and on and still the same thing. RM always tells me that the Kemper is in need of an update, but "check for updates" is grayed out. Really frustrated at this point. Any help would be great.

• Update 10 minutes later: I opened a new instance of RM from my task bar, and it immediately said I need to update to 8.6.0. I hit okay, it looked like it was updating, then when it was done it closed RM and now the shortcut doesn't work. WTH.