USB Connection of Kemper Stage fails (Code 43), device not recognized

• Hi everbody,

so I just recently baught my brand new Kemper Stage and have had trouble to connect it to my Windows PC via USB. It fails to recognize the device and stops the connection immediatly with the error message code 43. Apparently the device is not returning the required information (In german: " Fehler beim Anfordern einer Gerätebeschreibung")

I am running both the newest version of the OS and the Rig Manager (and have also tried older versions of the Rig Manager). The USB cable is a downwards compatible USB 3.0 cable which goes in to my Dell PC running Windows10 x64. I have also updated the firmware. I don't have any issues connecting any other USB devices ( e.g. focusrite usb interface, hard disks etc.) to the PC. The error is also reproduced when connecting it to a different Laptop (or a different USB port on the PC). I have already tried manually installing the driver from /programs/Kemper Amps/Drivers, but to no success.

Has anyone encountered this problem and knows a solution? I appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

Greetings,

Chris

• Hi, just to be 100% sure, which USB cable are you using to connect Kemper and PC? Is it type A/B? Sorry if it is to simple question, but there was already such case recently.

• So the connection to the PC can only be done via Type B and the Type A is only intended for USB sticks?

Will try out tomorrow. Thanks for your help!!