Remote not staying on

• So when I turn my Kemper on, the remote powers up and seems to work fine for about a minute or so, then all the light goes out and it no longer works. I originally thought it was a network cable, so I ordered a replacement from Kemper, but that didn’t have any effect on it.

Anybody have any idea what may be going on?

• Well I can’t figure out how to delete a thread here, but apparently has nothing whatsoever to do with the remote or the cable. The connection on the back of my rack unit, keep sliding in and out, it won’t come all the way out, but also won’t stay completely connected either. Apparently this is an ongoing issue. I have no idea what to do now because it’s way out of warranty.

• Well I can’t figure out how to delete a thread here, but apparently has nothing whatsoever to do with the remote or the cable. The connection on the back of my rack unit, keep sliding in and out, it won’t come all the way out, but also won’t stay completely connected either. Apparently this is an ongoing issue. I have no idea what to do now because it’s way out of warranty.

I have this issue too - I use a clothes pin to clamp the remote cable to my monitor out cable. Hi tech...:rolleyes:

• I have no idea what to do now because it’s way out of warranty.

With it out of warranty, any decent electronics/amp repair could replace the jack. Gotta be a certified tech near you.

It takes some skill and patience, but it isn't a difficult repair. I replaced a potentiometer in an old Fender Mustang amp....and I'm no soldering or electronics master. It took me far longer than it should have, but someone who really knows what they're doing would have zero issues.

Before you do anything though, I'd submit a support ticket and talk it through with Kemper themselves.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• With it out of warranty, any decent electronics/amp repair could replace the jack. Gotta be a certified tech near you.

It takes some skill and patience, but it isn't a difficult repair. I replaced a potentiometer in an old Fender Mustang amp....and I'm no soldering or electronics master. It took me far longer than it should have, but someone who really knows what they're doing would have zero issues.

Before you do anything though, I'd submit a support ticket and talk it through with Kemper themselves.

yeah I think I’ll put a support ticket in just to see what they have to say, that’s good advice thanks!

• can anyone comment-

if using a poe device, the brief outage as a resukt of a dodgy rj45 connector on the kpa is restored quicker than without a poe unit? I.e., retaining power to the remote keeps it “alive” or is it a case it that restoring communication is the time consuming part of the process?

Interesting point, as i have the Same Issue

• Hello Barry,

I just enjoyed your video about the difference between a modeler and a profiler. Very informative. Then I came upon this post about wear on the RJ45 connector. There is a company called British Audio that offers several Kemper mods that include a fix for this problem on the toaster head at https://britishaudio.com/colle…ducts/kemper-profiler-mod. Maybe they can offer something similar for the rack.

Now for a change of subject. Have you noticed the difference in the way slots are loaded via the Remote when the Kemper is connected to Rig Manager through a USB compared to when it's not? I refer you to this forum post, Remote Slot Loading - Profiler Remote - Questions and answers - Kemper Profiler Forum (kemper-amps.com), where I describe some of the differences and I suggest a feature option that allows the behaviors to be selectable without Rig Manager connected. This seems to have fallen on deaf ears so I am currently asking if anyone has found a way to "trick" the Kemper with Remote into behaving like Rig Manager is connected when it is not. Any thoughts? Thanks

Kemper Power Head

Mission Engineering KM-212P-GN w/ Kemper Kone Speakers