RJ45 Won’t hold Remote Cable

• Well, apparently this problems in around for a long time. All the discussions on it previously, seem to deal with warranty issues, and mine is way out of warranty.

When I turn my unit on, my remote will come on, but after a period of time, usually within a couple of minutes, it shuts off. I originally thought this was a bad RJ-45 cable, so I ordered a new one from Kemper.

I put the new cable on, got the same issue all over again. So I was playing around with the back of the unit, and I realized that the RJ-45 connection on the back of my Kemper rack will not securely hold the cable in place. The cable slides in and out probably about 1/8” forwards and backwards. If I hold it all the way in, no issues with the remote, as soon as I let go and walk away, the cable apparently starts to slowly slide out, and it loses connection with the remote.

Arethere any other options other than having to send my unit back to a service center and pay them to replace a faulty jack?

• I've had the same issue pretty much since I had my Kemper and it's very dangerous on a gig. A serious design flaw in my opinion. I took a 1' extension cord that I duct taped to my back panel (I make sure the extension goes very deep in the socket and it's secure) and now I plug my remote cord into that extension instead.

• If you google it there has been a lot of chatter about it, but most of them at the time were repaired under warranty which mine is not. The idea of shipping it to a repair center and being without it, is too much for my heart…….well, you know…….