help with medwest emo tone

• hello all. i have always played a les paul through my mesa boogie roadster, and loved the tones. i have recently bought a telecaster, and looking to get those chimey clean sounds. i have never tried to achieve these tones, so i could use some guidance. here is a video for the tones i am trying for. thanks in advance.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome song and video, tomrip ! What a sound! Ruefus is spot-on. That's the quintessential MW emo formula. I will say, though, that at 1:30 in the video I see them playing a P90-loaded Jazzmaster and what looks to be a Vox SDC with CoAxe hybrid pickups. These look to be similar to the pickups from the Vox Virage. Super transparent sound, but they definitely get single-coily when split. If this is the sound you're going for, you may consider starting with the source (though to my ears, a Tele would get you any of these tones without much fuss). All the best!

• Awesome song and video, tomrip ! What a sound! Ruefus is spot-on. That's the quintessential MW emo formula. I will say, though, that at 1:30 in the video I see them playing a P90-loaded Jazzmaster and what looks to be a Vox SDC with CoAxe hybrid pickups. These look to be similar to the pickups from the Vox Virage. Super transparent sound, but they definitely get single-coily when split. If this is the sound you're going for, you may consider starting with the source (though to my ears, a Tele would get you any of these tones without much fuss). All the best!

hey, listen to their other stuff. they are one of my favorite bands. also check out tiny moving parts.