Rig Manager will not run on Windows 10 after windows update to 21H1

• I'm running RM 3.2.30 on a fully patched Windows 10 (version 21H1) computer.

Whenever I launch RM it crashes after 4 seconds. I tried running RM with the Profiler connected and with the Profiler disconnected. I tried running RM with an internet connection and without an internet connection. Nothing works.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled RM. That did not work.

I rolled RM back to older versions and this does not work.

I tried creating a new profile on Windows and reinstalling RM. That did not work.

I'm convinced the problem is an issue with the Windows 21H1 update.

When I look at Windows Event viewer I see the following:

Faulting application name: Rig Manager.exe, version: 3.2.30.17230, time stamp: 0x60a27cec

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x7977b9de

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199

Faulting process id: 0x41bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d75f9aae4bba03

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Rig Manager\Rig Manager.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 224bb49d-ed33-46e6-9d1b-b18b122baafe

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Usually Google-search is my friend, but not this time. I'm drawing a blank.

Is anybody else running into this problem?

Thanks,

Jay

• I was not able to replicate this. I just updated after seeing this post and RM was able to start without issue

I have confirmed I am able to run RM with the profiler connected and disconnected

Out of curiosity, did you manually check for updates to get this or was it automatically pushed to you? Per the link below, it seems that at least for the moment it's opt in, though that only looks to be true for a few weeks.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-…th/status-windows-10-21h1

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• What I found on the exception indicates a heap corruption, which isn't terribly helpful:

The exception code 0xc0000374 indicates a heap corruption - to determine the solution, you would need to debug the crash in a debugger to figure out who is corrupting the heap.

If you haven't done so already, you might try bringing up Windows in Safe Mode for a test. I'd disable everything on that boot including networking and any other option. This will take a lot of other stuff out of the mix, but I don't know if this will also prevent the Kemper driver from loading, so it may not work.

In a normal boot I'd do similar testing by turning off antivirus, exiting anything running in the system tray and in general shutting down all of your non-Windows software that normally fires up on boot.

Sys Internals is great for seeing what stuff gets started when you boot the computer (it's a lot more than you might think). I also like the fact that you can download it to a folder and run it without doing an actual install, which would of course alter your system. Great tool for debugging all sorts of stuff:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/

The fact that jfischer518 doesn't get the crash and you do would indicate a difference in environment since the OS version is the same, so that's how I'd go about trying to isolate it.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Out of curiosity, did you manually check for updates to get this or was it automatically pushed to you? Per the link below, it seems that at least for the moment it's opt in, though that only looks to be true for a few weeks.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-…th/status-windows-10-21h1

I manually went to find the update. I dont believe that the 21h1 update is mandatory yet.

• Yikes!

I have an update pending install. Don't think I want to do it now.

I am on Win 10 21H1 with RM 3.2.30. I updated about 2 days ago and have no issues.

BTW, my Win 10 was upgraded from Win 7 and not a full version install to an empty drive.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.