Weird profiling issue (latest OS including beta)

• I am using the latest OS including beta releases (don't remember what the current version is). I have made a bunch of profiles of my amp/cab combinations, but have never seen this issue before. I create a profile, like I always have, but this time I'm profiling a Warehouse Green Beret, which is a GreenBack clone. The profiling process goes through fine, but on 4 out of 7 of my profiles, the cabinet is turned off. Originally, I thought I might have hit the button by mistake while profiling. So, I tried again today, and made sure everything was set correctly. I made sure the current profile in browser mode was set to one that had a cabinet, just to eliminate any possible issues.

After making 2 profiles at different mic positions, both show as no cabinet on the Kemper. I tried editing the profile in RM, but it won't let me add cabinet info.

Anyone else see this happen to their profiles with the latest software?

Is there a way around it?

• Someone else had a similar issue last week. Support said that sometimes a very clean tone gets mistaken as a direct profile (I’m paraphrasing as I can’t remember the actual details). He reprofiled and it worked OK. I wonder if something has changed in the threshold for detecting DAP or Studio? Only speculating here though. I would contact support and let them know as it now looks like it might not be an isolated issue.

• Are you doing some kind of equalizer post processing after the microphone?

It might be that you emphasize high frequencies by an amount, that the engine believes that there is no cabinet HF rolloff.

• My process remains the same. I'm using an SM57, and/or E906, into a Mackie ProFX12 v3 (no FX, no EQ used on the board) back into the Kemper. All levels are set to around -6db on each channel. Kemper return has been tried at even -25db. The problem seems to be mainly with the Randall Grail Module into a 2X12 with Warehouse Green Beret speakers as well as another cabinet with V30s, but more predominant in the GBs.

I tried profiling my Plexi Synergy module, and found that it seems to not like high gain sounds. It seems like this happens on any profiles over a Kemper gain level of 5 or 6. Below that threshold, the profile goes through fine. I will be running more tests in the coming days, and will update this thread with my findings.

• I tried profiling my Plexi Synergy module, and found that it seems to not like high gain sounds. It seems like this happens on any profiles over a Kemper gain level of 5 or 6. Below that threshold, the profile goes through fine. I will be running more tests in the coming days, and will update this thread with my findings.

I have been experiencing this with tones above 5 or so gain on the Kemper as well. I had a pedal in line when I had the issue so I am going to pull out a different amp and profile it with some gain dialed up in the amp itself to see if it does the same thing. If it does, I will be starting up a thread about what I am getting for results with more gain. All of my lower and no gain profiles sound good.