Rig Manager Profiler Editor for iPad has been released

• Hi everybody,

today we've released a beta version of Rig Manager Profiler Editor for iOS and also Profiler OS 8.5.

Rig Manager 1.0 for iOS:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/…filer-editor/id1532734914

User Manuals Addendum 8.5 with setup instructions for Profiler Head, Rack and Stage:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Profiler OS 8.5 Public Beta:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

Rig Manager 3.2.37 for macOS / Windows:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Enjoy!

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thank you Kemper Team!

The updates installed easily.

I'm now running Rig Manager on my iPad Pro - controlling my Profiler Stage. Unfortunately, I'm going to be busy for the next four hours.

Cheers to all!

• Trying to connect with "Home Network Mode": Doesn't work

WIFI Router: Telekom W 921 V

Home Network Mode on Stage activated

WPS Button on the Wifi Router pressed

Trying to press the WPS soft button on the Stage ... nothing happens, not even a visual feedback that I actually press the button.

PS: Wifi router is set to use WPA2, 2.4GHz @ 802.11b/g/n, 5GHz @ 802.11n

PPS: In Access Point Mode it works ... but that's not an option for me since I control multiple (other) devices from my iPad. I need the Home Network Mode.

• My ipad air only only has os12 any chance of a version that works with older ipads thanks

I'm not a developer but since v13 iPads use iPadOS and not iOS. So I don't think, there will be an backwards compatibility.

And on the other hand: Hardware that uses iOS 12 is over 7 years old and will not get any security updates any more. So I wouldn't recommend to use it anyway.

• I'm not a developer but since v13 iPads use iPadOS and not iOS. So I don't think, there will be an backwards compatibility.

And on the other hand: Hardware that uses iOS 12 is over 7 years old and will not get any security updates any more. So I wouldn't recommend to use it anyway.

Thanks spotter it still gets updates but just not os13 thanks for the reply

• I’m not seeing any library functionality (rig exchange, local library, etc…). Am I missing something? It would be nice to at least have access to a list of what’s on the profiler so you don’t have to browse through them one by one. My WiFi router doesn’t have WPS so home network mode is a no go. Is that a hardware limitation or will other local network modes be available in the future? With access point mode it’s either connect to the Kemper or the internet but not both, which would explain the lack of library functionality.

• I’m not seeing any library functionality (rig exchange, local library, etc…). Am I missing something? It would be nice to at least have access to a list of what’s on the profiler so you don’t have to browse through them one by one. My WiFi router doesn’t have WPS so home network mode is a no go. Is that a hardware limitation or will other local network modes be available in the future? With access point mode it’s either connect to the Kemper or the internet but not both, which would explain the lack of library functionality.

I'm sure we add one or the other thing over time. If your router doesn't have WPS and you have a Stage, you can't use the iPad editor for now.

• I'm sure we add one or the other thing over time. If your router doesn't have WPS and you have a Stage, you can't use the iPad editor for now.

Actually, I have been able to use the iPad editor using access point mode. I just can’t use it in home network mode without a WPS capable router.

• My ipad air only only has os12 any chance of a version that works with older ipads thanks

The interview Kemper just released on YouTube says now this has been released they are going to look at and discuss the possibility / viability of iOS 12 compatibility and an iPhone app - so those are both definitely on their radar.

Ian

• today we've released a beta version of Rig Manager Profiler Editor for iOS and also Profiler OS 8.5.

Rig Manager 1.0 for iOS:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/…filer-editor/id1532734914

This is really cool, so pleased to see this.

Thanks Kemper for the continual improvements and for making our devices better!

Would love to hear the official word on whether it's possible or not that in the future there might could be wifi/bluetooth with a USB dongle or similar for the head/rack - so the iPad app can be easily used with an existing wifi network and alongside the remote, without needing PoE injectors etc.

Thanks,

Ian

• The interview Kemper just released on YouTube says now this has been released they are going to look at and discuss the possibility / viability of iOS 12 compatibility and an iPhone app - so those are both definitely on their radar.

Ian

Thanks Ian ????

• this...my setup is very similar and I'm seeing the exact same thing. WPS soft button does not do anything... in fact for me the WPS soft button is slightly dimmed (about half as bright as normal) when on the "Home Network Mode". I can also get Access Point Mode to work with no problem but also not a viable option for me much of the time.

• Actually, I have been able to use the iPad editor using access point mode. I just can’t use it in home network mode without a WPS capable router.

yes of course, but that wasn't the situation you've talked about. you've mentioned the access point mode yourself, why would I suggest it to your then?